Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bikini kill

Tomb Raider

37 posts in this topic

I've been a tomb raider since I was a child in the mid 90s and they were on ps1. After TR3 (my favorite) the franchise went more and more downhill. The character Lara never showed any emotion or vulnerability and she started acting like too old or something maybe it was just the voice acting.

Which led to Tomb Raider underworld. A game that had so much potential. But the game gives you absolutely no direction. Sure Lara can give you hints but everything looks the same and everything is so incredibly dark it makes it almost impossible to see where you're going. I hated that game .

But then they sold the franchise to square enix and they showed the industry how it's done when it comes to reboots.

I think tomb raider (on ps4) is a masterpiece although a bit too easy but I loved how survival/stealth based it was. For once lara actually had character development through the game .

From escaping a rape leading to her first time killing a human... So much emotion.

Game Informer just released exclusive gameplay footage from te sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider. Which I'm incredibly excited for.

Also I just played Resident Evil Remastered for ps4. The game originally out on GameCube around like 2002 that wAs already a masterpiece. Probably my favorite game ever. Also excited for the new mortal kombat. But yeah let's discuss the tomb raider series

Moved topic and renamed. We'll use this as the official Tomb Raider series topic, similar to the MK, Mario etc topics in this section.

Anyway, I love Tomb Raider, rebooting it was the best choice because Tomb Raider (2013) is perfect. I've owned it on 360 and still own it on PS3 and got the PS4 version last year.

Game Informer only released two screenshots of gameplay though. The footage from the video is from the CGI debut trailer from E3 2014.

Rise of the Tomb Raider does look great though:

fSMu8aA.jpg

I'm still pissed it's a timed exclusive for Microsoft, so PS4/PS3 players have to wait 6 months - 1 year after it's initial release.

1 person likes this

Yaass I'm here for the reboot, I was too dumb to solve the puzzles as a kid for the original series :gaycry:  

But I'm not even perched for sequel since I have a ps4 and it might only come for PC I think,

Lara's new winter ensemble looks cute though

jvgZslmCc0sGE.jpg

Ugh Im on PS3 :cry:

I've stanned for Lara since TR2 back when I was a wee lad. I'm so glad this series got the breath of fresh air it needed. 

Moved topic and renamed. We'll use this as the official Tomb Raider series topic, similar to the MK, Mario etc topics in this section.

Anyway, I love Tomb Raider, rebooting it was the best choice because Tomb Raider (2013) is perfect. I've owned it on 360 and still own it on PS3 and got the PS4 version last year.

Game Informer only released two screenshots of gameplay though. The footage from the video is from the CGI debut trailer from E3 2014.

Rise of the Tomb Raider does look great though:

fSMu8aA.jpg

I'm still pissed it's a timed exclusive for Microsoft, so PS4/PS3 players have to wait 6 months - 1 year after it's initial release.

No word on how long it will be an exclusive though I doubt it will be a year fans would be even more outraged than they already are

Edited by bikini kill

Any of you play the awfulness that was a Underworld? It was SO boring and i love exploring to find out what to do but this game told you what to do but didn't give you a hint to where anything was and it was just hard to maneuver in the first place.

Any of you play the awfulness that was a Underworld? It was SO boring and i love exploring to find out what to do but this game told you what to do but didn't give you a hint to where anything was and it was just hard to maneuver in the first place.

I don't think I played Underworld. If I did, it wasn't more than a couple levels.

Legend kicked ass though. 

I don't think I played Underworld. If I did, it wasn't more than a couple levels.

Legend kicked ass though.

Legend was fun and I LOVED anniversary. The remake of the first one. Anniversary is my fav next to TR 3

I need them to remake TR2 soooo badly. I don't know how many times I've replayed that game over the years. :cry: 

tumblr_n41m9h3cSg1s7fyufo2_500.gif

tumblr_n3qcgccNY51ts7vpfo1_500.png

tumblr_neevmb8KTb1u26pu2o2_r1_500.png

tumblr_n2wvba036X1ts30l3o1_500.gif

Iconic  :

1 person likes this

No word on how long it will be an exclusive though I doubt it will be a year fans would be even more outraged than they already are

Apparently it's just for "Holiday 2015" which means it could release on PS4 in February/March next year. But it's confirmed Microsoft themselves are publishing the game, so it could be way longer until their deal is over. They could have secured it for a year, we don't know yet, they won't say.

Partially thanks to inspiration from this thread, I've decided to replay TR2. I've started it like 2457 times, but I can never seem to play it all the way through. I'm really gonna try this time though. Just finished Venice, level 2.

de9r29.png

tumblr_n41m9h3cSg1s7fyufo2_500.gif

tumblr_n3qcgccNY51ts7vpfo1_500.png

tumblr_neevmb8KTb1u26pu2o2_r1_500.png

tumblr_n2wvba036X1ts30l3o1_500.gif

Iconic  :

kjrefev I have never tried the PS1s I might get them on PSN! it looks iconic indeed! 

O9oOtHH.png

1 person likes this

kjrefev I have never tried the PS1s I might get them on PSN! it looks iconic indeed! 

Sooo worth it. I got an amazing Black Friday deal where I got the whole series for like $6 or $7 on Steam. :cry: 

Sooo worth it. I got an amazing Black Friday deal where I got the whole series for like $6 or $7 on Steam. :cry:

LUCKY!

Which one would you recommend to start with? The 1st? :cry: 

LUCKY!

Which one would you recommend to start with? The 1st? :cry:

Honestly, I would start with 2 and not just because that one is my favorite. As you can see in the pictures I posted, the graphics are obviously dated, but it's even worse in the first one. I think I remember the controls being a little clunky too. If you're wanting to follow the plot chronologically though, you could start with Anniversary; it's a remake of the first one. 

Honestly, I would start with 2 and not just because that one is my favorite. As you can see in the pictures I posted, the graphics are obviously dated, but it's even worse in the first one. I think I remember the controls being a little clunky too. If you're wanting to follow the plot chronologically though, you could start with Anniversary; it's a remake of the first one. 

I think I played it on PS2! Not so sure! :cry:

Just downloaded the latest Tomb Raider game for XBOX 360 (which is free btw, until like mid-March). I can't wait to see how it is; the graphics already look amazing! :excited:

1 person likes this

Just downloaded the latest Tomb Raider game for XBOX 360 (which is free btw, until like mid-March). I can't wait to see how it is; the graphics already look amazing! :excited:

I think you'll enjoy it! I loved it, owned it on 360, PS3 and have the Definitive Edition on PS4

I think you'll enjoy it! I loved it, owned it on 360, PS3 and have the Definitive Edition on PS4

Yeah, it looks amazing rn! Can't even complain about anything so far, which is great for me :cry:

Yeah, it looks amazing rn! Can't even complain about anything so far, which is great for me :cry:

It's one of my favourite games ever. I prefer it over Uncharted tbh.

The reboot is everything. It fucking slays. :cry: 

omg when she killed the damn deer and cut it open :uhh: :uhh:

That shit made me feel guilty as fuck :uhh: