Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lady DarkFox

Comics Thread

859 posts in this topic

marvel_vs_dc-580x4361.jpg

With comics coming into prominence on TV and movies, I thought I make a thread where we could discuss everything comics related. I'll be updating the title and OP every time an important event related to comics happens.

635997508049536058-CaptainAmericaSteveRo

Amlex needs to talk to me about X-Men vs Avengers. Where you at, sis?

Amlex needs to talk to me about X-Men vs Avengers. Where you at, sis?

:newspaper:

Yass. Now how did you feel about Cyclops during all of this? Because I was hating his ass throughout. :cry:

Yass. Now how did you feel about Cyclops during all of this? Because I was hating his ass throughout. :cry:

nn same, he was annoying :cry: It was so weird to see him as the bad guy.

I also hated Spiderman standing tall againts Magik and Colossus even with the Phoenix Force :cry:

Edited by Amlex

nn same, he was annoying :cry: It was so weird to see him as the bad guy.

I also hated Spiderman standing tall againts Magik and Colossus even with the Phoenix Force :cry:

I know they were trying to edge him up, but they took him on Magneto's level and mad him 100xs worse. :cry:

I thought it was kind of cute what Spider-man did. It tied into what he was telling Rachel, but Rachel should have been there to see it and take something from it.

I just put a bunch of Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman comics on my phone to read at work today!

I just put a bunch of Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman comics on my phone to read at work today!

You a DC fan? I have Marvel unlimited, but DC doesn't have a program like that. Do you pay for them?

You a DC fan? I have Marvel unlimited, but DC doesn't have a program like that. Do you pay for them?

Yep. I didn't pay for them I found a bunch of torrents.

Yep. I didn't pay for them I found a bunch of torrents.

Nnn. Link me.

I know they were trying to edge him up, but they took him on Magneto's level and mad him 100xs worse. :cry:

I thought it was kind of cute what Spider-man did. It tied into what he was telling Rachel, but Rachel should have been there to see it and take something from it.

True.

But omg the return of the Phoenix force and Scarlet witch and Hope VS Cyclops :legend:

Sometimes I feel like reading comics online again but Im too lazy and I ended just checking Comicvine :cry:

True.

But omg the return of the Phoenix force and Scarlet witch and Hope VS Cyclops :legend:

Sometimes I feel like reading comics online again but Im too lazy and I ended just checking Comicvine :cry:

That was kind of awesome. Scarlet Witch and Hope slaying Cyclops for the Gods.

What is comicvine?

That was kind of awesome. Scarlet Witch and Hope slaying Cyclops for the Gods.

What is comicvine?

Like the Wikipedia of Comics :legend:

If you search for a character, you will find everything about him/her, especially if it is Marvel related :cry:

Manga > Comics

Anime > Cartoon

Like the Wikipedia of Comics :legend:

If you search for a character, you will find everything about him/her, especially if it is Marvel related :cry:

Let me use for characters i can't be bothered with. :skull:

Manga > Comics

Anime > Cartoon

briebitch.gif

But I will allow manga and anime convos.

I wanna get into DC comics, but my god, I know I'd have no chance of gathering a decent enough knowledge of its extensive history. It's why I just stick to occasionally checking for certain characters, or Injustice.

I also want to get into the Mortal Kombat comics as well, since that's really when Skarlet became a major badass bitch :newspaper:

briebitch.gif

But I will allow manga and anime convos.

Should I change the thread title, in that case, or is this thread mostly to do with regular comics?

iboFeVf7mYvAQb.gif

Should I change the thread title, in that case, or is this thread mostly to do with regular comics?

iboFeVf7mYvAQb.gif

Keep it the same. I'll just add them to the thread tag.

1 person likes this

I wanna get into DC comics, but my god, I know I'd have no chance of gathering a decent enough knowledge of its extensive history. It's why I just stick to occasionally checking for certain characters, or Injustice.

I also want to get into the Mortal Kombat comics as well, since that's really when Skarlet became a major badass bitch :newspaper:

People have said that DC is really complicated to get into since you can't just jump into a comic, you have to know backstory. Whereas with Marvel, you can just jump into an arc and then move forward and backwards if you want.

People have said that DC is really complicated to get into since you can't just jump into a comic, you have to know backstory. Whereas with Marvel, you can just jump into an arc and then move forward and backwards if you want.

That's exactly what my friend told me! DC Comics that have an exceptionally long history, like Batman or Superman, seem like prime examples of that :laycry:

And while we're on the subject of Anime, I'm starting to really get into Naruto when the filler isn't cute, anyway.

It's also probably the first time in pretty much anything where I stan for more males (Sasuke, Shikamaru, Gaara and Naruto) than females (Tenten & Temari)...mostly due to Kishimoto admittedly having no idea how to write for female characters.

That's exactly what my friend told me! DC Comics that have an exceptionally long history, like Batman or Superman, seem like prime examples of that :laycry:

Yeah, everything is literally connected from the very beginning to where they are at now. They rebooted in 52, so you can start from there, I suppose. 

And while we're on the subject of Anime, I'm starting to really get into Naruto when the filler isn't cute, anyway.

It's also probably the first time in pretty much anything where I stan for more males (Sasuke, Shikamaru, Gaara and Naruto) than females (Tenten & Temari)...mostly due to Kishimoto admittedly having no idea how to write for female characters.

Naruto is pretty good. I can deal with some of the filler arcs as well since they are sometimes cute. Kii @ the guy saying  he doesn't know how to write a female character when you can literally switch Sasuke with any female on the show and you would have the Naruto/female love story. :dead:

1 person likes this

Naruto is pretty good. I can deal with some of the filler arcs as well since they are sometimes cute. Kii @ the guy saying  he doesn't know how to write a female character when you can literally switch Sasuke with any female on the show and you would have the Naruto/female love story. :dead:

dfjbhf; I'm screaming. :laycry:

The Road to Ninja filler is so underrated. Sasuke as a desperate flirt and Hinata being a boss-ass bitch making me kii so much :laycry: