Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taylor

Reporting Errors

46 posts in this topic

I seem to be having problems posting tweets and instagram posts lately. Use to be I just copy and paste the link from twitter and instagram and it'll auto post it, but now it just shows the link and nothing else.

1 person likes this

On 30/04/2019 at 0:27 AM, gl83 said:

I seem to be having problems posting tweets and instagram posts lately. Use to be I just copy and paste the link from twitter and instagram and it'll auto post it, but now it just shows the link and nothing else.

This just happened to me too. Also, it's always been an issue for me that even when this does work, the post itself won't show up fully if the tweet includes an image or video. It will appear cut off and I'll have to click on the link to take me to Twitter to see the post.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Kevin Thomas said:

This just happened to me too. Also, it's always been an issue for me that even when this does work, the post itself won't show up fully if the tweet includes an image or video. It will appear cut off and I'll have to click on the link to take me to Twitter to see the post.

Same here

On 4/30/2019 at 7:27 PM, gl83 said:

13 hours ago, Kevin Thomas said:

7 hours ago, ChrisMC said:

Same here

I’m not sure if you guys use the forum mostly on desktop or on mobile, but I find that the issues you’re having happen when I’m on mobile. In terms of links not automatically formatting, you can resolve this by pasting them into a reply window, copying and pasting them again, and then clicking “Remove Formatting” on the box that pops up. This should make tweets, YT vids, etc. display from the link. I have not had a problem with this on desktop, but if you are, I’d just refresh the page or copy+paste again. For the “cropped” tweets, I really don’t know tbh, but my guess is that it has something to do with the way the forum automatically converts links when they’re pasted in. 

:jeigz: 

1 person likes this

On 4/30/2019 at 7:27 PM, gl83 said:

16 hours ago, Kevin Thomas said:

10 hours ago, ChrisMC said:

Same here

I've been looking into it for a while and I hate that my answer is basically "idk", but I believe it has something to do with the out of date software which we haven't been able to upgrade yet. @Jeigz has the work around I use, but I'll keep researching. As for it appearing cut off, that's always been a problem for me, so again, it might be the software's way of auto-embedding. I really wish I had better answers and solutions, but I'll work on it!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Mariah. said:

I've been looking into it for a while and I hate that my answer is basically "idk", but I believe it has something to do with the out of date software which we haven't been able to upgrade yet. @Jeigz has the work around I use, but I'll keep researching. As for it appearing cut off, that's always been a problem for me, so again, it might be the software's way of auto-embedding. I really wish I had better answers and solutions, but I'll work on it!

about the embedding issue

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/448999-embedded-tweets-width/ 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Mariah. said:

Don't worry too much about it Queen. These are only minor technical issues and don't affect our experience on the forum greatly at all. We know that you wouldn't leave anything unfixed if you could help it. :hug:

2 people like this

This new site layout is kind of a headache on mobile. 

1 hour ago, Jay-El said:

This new site layout is kind of a headache on mobile. 

Yeah, it's really not at all mobile friendly :skull:. Like I said, the layout we had to go with is from old software since we still haven't made enough to upgrade the software, so we had to make due just to give a bit of a face lift. You can however switch to the old layout on mobile. Just scroll down to the bottom to "Theme" and select old school.

1 person likes this

why do my youtube links no longer show the thumbnail when i copy and paste them? is there a different way i should be trying to avoid it just showing a hyperlink version?

21 hours ago, shumiley said:

why do my youtube links no longer show the thumbnail when i copy and paste them? is there a different way i should be trying to avoid it just showing a hyperlink version?

On 5/7/2019 at 11:31 PM, Jeigz said:

I’m not sure if you guys use the forum mostly on desktop or on mobile, but I find that the issues you’re having happen when I’m on mobile. In terms of links not automatically formatting, you can resolve this by pasting them into a reply window, copying and pasting them again, and then clicking “Remove Formatting” on the box that pops up. This should make tweets, YT vids, etc. display from the link. I have not had a problem with this on desktop, but if you are, I’d just refresh the page or copy+paste again. For the “cropped” tweets, I really don’t know tbh, but my guess is that it has something to do with the way the forum automatically converts links when they’re pasted in. 

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

:jeigz:thx!

1 person likes this

can someone fix the media query or sumn, pls. :(

Edited by Poison Ivory

Not so much a problem as a heads up @Mariah. @Shoaib. @Jake but on mobile the updated forum theme is displaying the desktop version of the site rather than the mobile-friendly layout. Everything seems to be fine on the old theme, though.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

Not so much a problem as a heads up @Mariah. @Shoaib. @Jake but on mobile the updated forum theme is displaying the desktop version of the site rather than the mobile-friendly layout. Everything seems to be fine on the old theme, though.

Sorry about that, I was just playing around and trying to test that out since the response I've been getting for months is that new design hasn't adapted well to mobile, and lowkey it's affecting traffic I've noticed. Do you find it easier or harder to navigate that way?

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

Sorry about that, I was just playing around and trying to test that out since the response I've been getting for months is that new design hasn't adapted well to mobile, and lowkey it's affecting traffic I've noticed. Do you find it easier or harder to navigate that way?

For me it was more difficult, but I have an iPhone 6 because I’m old so my screen is small and my software isn’t updated :rot: 

I just switched back to the old theme and I have no problem tbh! I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t an issue. I’d see what other people say about how the desktop version looks on mobile because I have no problem reverting to the old theme. 

1 person likes this

Why do I log on everyday to see random posts in Arabic?

MC0P8rt.gif

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Kevin Thomas said:

MC0P8rt.gif

that's not an error, mariah sold this site to the russians

MC0P8rt.gif

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Kevin Thomas said:

Arabic

11 minutes ago, Gavin said:

russians

MC0P8rt.gif

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Kevin Thomas said:

MC0P8rt.gif

I believe there is a guest area in the New Gods section where other (mostly RP) forums are able to advertise themselves. I’ve also only seen the Russian alphabet and not the Arabic, so maybe @Gavin is doing his ABCs exercises after all.

MC0P8rt.gif

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Jeigz said:

I believe there is a guest area in the New Gods section where other (mostly RP) forums are able to advertise themselves. I’ve also only seen the Russian alphabet and not the Arabic, so maybe @Gavin is doing his ABCs exercises after all.

MC0P8rt.gif

All this time I thought HB was being hacked by spammers.

MC0P8rt.gif

1 person likes this