Jump to content

Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

    An Evolution

    What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

      For More Heartbreakers

      Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

      As America Goes Down - Lacey Evans Stands Up


      Recommended Posts

      Former U.S. Marine, Lacey Evans, revealed on Twitter that she stands for the National Anthem. Upon this recent election, many Superstars have been vocal about their political standing, so what are you guys' thoughts on Miss Lacey Evans's take?

       

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Well, tbh I don't think anybody listens to each other which is why the bending of the knee turned into such a big discussion.

      People have their personal reasons to "defend" ,so to speak, the anthem and people have their reasons to "disrespect it" as a sign of revolt.

      For many US doesn't represent what it is set to represent, for others you should stick with your national pride no matter what.

      So I'm not gonna try and drag Lacey or defend her, because I just think people need to start talking to each other and see other's perspective. I kinda feel this tweet is gonna start a lot of screeching. :|

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      28 minutes ago, nanagabynka said:

      Well, tbh I don't think anybody listens to each other which is why the bending of the knee turned into such a big discussion.

      People have their personal reasons to "defend" ,so to speak, the anthem and people have their reasons to "disrespect it" as a sign of revolt.

      For many US doesn't represent what it is set to represent, for others you should stick with your national pride no matter what.

      So I'm not gonna try and drag Lacey or defend her, because I just think people need to start talking to each other and see other's perspective. I kinda feel this tweet is gonna start a lot of screeching. :|

      Personally, I find this to be a one-sided issue considering the protestors have made very clear what they are protesting and those opposed have made every attempt they can to turn it into something it's not.

      :oksis:

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      Just now, Logan Von Erich said:

      Personally, I find this to be a one-sided issue considering the protestors have made very clear what they are protesting and those opposed have made every attempt they can to turn it into something it's not.

      :oksis:

      Personally, I have found that people all have their own prism through which they see things. For a lot of the people it's just seen as a slap across the national pride to fuck with flags or other national labels. Hell, in my country this wouldn't fly no matter the context. It's not very rational, but we are a pretty surpressed society in terms of pride. Our history and our national emblems are basically the only things we can be proud of since these days we're scrapping the bottom of the barrel :D

      I'm just talking as a person that is simply an observer though. I can't really speak as an American cause I am not :D

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      This doesn't necessarily mean that she is a Trump supporter she may just agree with him in this instance. Even if she is it's no reason to judge her as a person. Not all Trump supporters are racist homophobes. There are people that voted for him because they agree with some of his policies. While I don't agree with the logic behind that at all, I don't think it's fair to crucify her just for agreeing with Trump on one thing. To instantly form hatred for someone for that reason just creates a divide that doesn't need to be there. Lacey could easily be a lovely woman with her head in the wrong place politically. Serving in the military obviously makes the national anthem important to her. While I don't agree with her at all I don't hate her for it.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      38 minutes ago, LegitSP. said:

      This doesn't necessarily mean that she is a Trump supporter she may just agree with him in this instance. Even if she is it's no reason to judge her as a person. Not all Trump supporters are racist homophobes. There are people that voted for him because they agree with some of his policies. While I don't agree with the logic behind that at all, I don't think it's fair to crucify her just for agreeing with Trump on one thing. To instantly form hatred for someone for that reason just creates a divide that doesn't need to be there. Lacey could easily be a lovely woman with her head in the wrong place politically. Serving in the military obviously makes the national anthem important to her. While I don't agree with her at all I don't hate her for it.

      Anyone who supports Trump is a cunt considering his entire campaign was built on prejudice to a number of communities. 

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      16 minutes ago, Kevin Thomas said:

      Anyone who supports Trump is a cunt considering his entire campaign was built on prejudice to a number of communities. 

      I don't disagree with you. I am extremely anti Trump. But there doesn't need to be a divide, that doesn't help. I'm from the UK and I have friends with polar opposite political views from me and we just don't talk about politics. It's that simple. While I think it's awful for someone to support a sociopathic lunatic, there is always common ground people can relate on. I don't think Lacey's career should be ruined before it starts just because she doesn't protest during the national anthem. It doesn't define her is all I'm saying. Not sympathetic towards Trump at all.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      I just don't get how someone who may have voted Trump (do we even know if she did?) is suddenly blacklisted from being a part of your liked women's wrestlers based on that sole basis. It's not like she's preaching about Trump while in NXT so why is that affecting the way she would be perceived by some fans? It's beyond me :uhh: 

      Same with this matter, she isn't preaching that those who bend the knee are in any sorts of wrong but just stating that she herself, as an individual, decides to stand. I see no issue. 

      EuOLBIm.gif

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      43 minutes ago, Matto said:

      I just don't get how someone who may have voted Trump (do we even know if she did?) is suddenly blacklisted from being a part of your liked women's wrestlers based on that sole basis. It's not like she's preaching about Trump while in NXT so why is that affecting the way she would be perceived by some fans? It's beyond me :uhh: 

      Same with this matter, she isn't preaching that those who bend the knee are in any sorts of wrong but just stating that she herself, as an individual, decides to stand. I see no issue. 

      EuOLBIm.gif

      There's a differences in getting in a quick drag for a kii and completely invalidating someone as a talent. She's hardly got the stans for people to start dropping her anyway.

      And it's also incredibly fair, in my opinion, for people to comment on this when it's clear that this is a racial issue, and taking a strong stance on it is in a way showing us that, because of her military background which is of course honorable and venerates the flag, she is ignoring racial inequities that are important to the majority of people on this forum and in the United States. I don't think this is surprising coming from her, but I also don't think this invalidates her potential to succeed. 

      These topic always get off topic and messy though so let me just say that it really doesn't phase me that a marine vet feels this way and move along.

      EuOLBIm.gif

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Join the conversation

      You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

      Guest
      Reply to this topic...

      ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

        Only 75 emoji are allowed.

      ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

      ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

      ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

      • Recently Browsing   0 members

        No registered users viewing this page.

      • Similar Content

        • By Jacqulee
                            
          Following this weekend, the next WWE “Day Of” documentary will feature behind-the-scenes footage from the recent WWE Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia, according to WWENetworkNews.com.
          WWE “Day Of: Crown Jewel 2019” is scheduled to premiere on the WWE Network on Friday, November 29.
          It sounds like this special will focus on the historic Crown Jewel match between Lacey Evans and Natalya as the synopsis reads like this:
          “Follow Natalya and Lacey Evans behind the scenes and in the ring as they make history by competing in Saudi Arabia’s first-ever women’s match at WWE Crown Jewel 2019.”
          As noted, a new “Day Of” documentary will be released this Sunday before the WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view, focusing on the 2019 WWE Draft.
          Thoughts?
        • By Jacqulee
                            
          During an interview with Wrestlezone, Lacey Evans discussed being grateful to have wrestled in the first ever women’s match in Saudi Arabia. Here’s what she had to say:
          You can listen to the podcast below:
      ×
      ×
      • Create New...