Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

As America Goes Down - Lacey Evans Stands Up

4 hours ago, Kara Zor-El said:

Oh come on. I was about to come here and blast her for not taking a stand on racial prejudice but this is such a reach. The first one she is a FUCKING CAT and the other two is just messing around with 'army paint'. 

3 hours ago, CroNich said:

Oh come on. I was about to come here and blast her for not taking a stand on racial prejudice but this is such a reach. The first one she is a FUCKING CAT and the other two is just messing around with 'army paint'. 

A werewolf is a cat? I'm learning all kinds of things today.

13 hours ago, Jeigz said:

There's a differences in getting in a quick drag for a kii and completely invalidating someone as a talent. She's hardly got the stans for people to start dropping her anyway.

And it's also incredibly fair, in my opinion, for people to comment on this when it's clear that this is a racial issue, and taking a strong stance on it is in a way showing us that, because of her military background which is of course honorable and venerates the flag, she is ignoring racial inequities that are important to the majority of people on this forum and in the United States. I don't think this is surprising coming from her, but I also don't think this invalidates her potential to succeed. 

These topic always get off topic and messy though so let me just say that it really doesn't phase me that a marine vet feels this way and move along.

EuOLBIm.gif

Don't get me wrong I get what you're saying but it just doesn't come across as any way racial at all. All she's doing is standing for the flag instead of kneeling. She's not adding anymore of a statement than that & not given off any reason to believe she's doing it out of racial beliefs or whatnot. Those who stand but also preach about how wrong kneeling is and etc are fine to blame but Evans just ain't doing that.

19 hours ago, LegitSP. said:

This doesn't necessarily mean that she is a Trump supporter she may just agree with him in this instance. Even if she is it's no reason to judge her as a person. Not all Trump supporters are racist homophobes. There are people that voted for him because they agree with some of his policies. While I don't agree with the logic behind that at all, I don't think it's fair to crucify her just for agreeing with Trump on one thing. To instantly form hatred for someone for that reason just creates a divide that doesn't need to be there. Lacey could easily be a lovely woman with her head in the wrong place politically. Serving in the military obviously makes the national anthem important to her. While I don't agree with her at all I don't hate her for it.

Perhaps not, but they are complicit in the consequences of their support and don't seem to understand this is all bigger than just our president, who is problematic enough on his own. Marginalized groups are not obligated to tolerate people who feel entitled to opinions on their existence. It isn't "creating a divide" to not fuck with people who support an individual/administration known for bigotry when the divide is inherently present in the form of said bigotry.

Answering this tweet was a lose-lose situation for her. Her answer appears neutral, but there isn't a single person in the free world who isn't aware of the racial context of the movement. Professionally, the best thing she could have done was ignore it or elaborate further that it is a choice anyone is free to make.

1 hour ago, Logan Von Erich said:

Perhaps not, but they are complicit in the consequences of their support and don't seem to understand this is all bigger than just our president, who is problematic enough on his own. Marginalized groups are not obligated to tolerate people who feel entitled to opinions on their existence. It isn't "creating a divide" to not fuck with people who support an individual/administration known for bigotry when the divide is inherently present in the form of said bigotry.

Answering this tweet was a lose-lose situation for her. Her answer appears neutral, but there isn't a single person in the free world who isn't aware of the racial context of the movement. Professionally, the best thing she could have done was ignore it or elaborate further that it is a choice anyone is free to make.

You don't think it's creating a divide to just refuse to associate with people because of their political affiliation? Granted you don't do it here, but there are literally people who think all Trump supporters are blatant racists, sexists, etc.

17 minutes ago, Jhonmarco said:

You don't think it's creating a divide to just refuse to associate with people because of their political affiliation? Granted you don't do it here, but there are literally people who think all Trump supporters are blatant racists, sexists, etc.

I addressed both of these things, sis. You can't create a divide where there is already a divide. And perhaps all Trump voters and supporters are not 'blatantly' bigoted, but there's no consolation prize for being complicit rather than directly participating.

19 hours ago, shameronstar said:

LMAO! Scrm this got messier than it should have!

I don't see why, either. Shouldn't it be obvious what her answer would be? :skull: 

There's a larger discussion it seems to be had about what is and what isn't dogmatic social justice pursuit and where people not identifying with people who don't share their moral ideals fits into (which is the core of the media surrounding this generation's perception of politics, not if global warming is real or if we should have poor people), but I feel as if it's too nuanced for both the majority and outlier group. :mawma: