Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

If Trish & Lita Never Retired

I still feel the divas era would have happened because they wouldn’t be pushed like before. Trish and Lita at the time had already done all you could under the guidelines of what women could and couldn’t do during that era. The women’s title probably would have never retired though and it would have been 2 titles the whole time.

They had plenty of talent waiting in the wings hungry to take the top spots but the company still lost interest. The only real difference I could see is women like Kelly would have been a women’s champion instead of a divas champion with the same booking.

55 minutes ago, Mr.wolf2020 said:

I still feel the divas era would have happened because they wouldn’t be pushed like before. Trish and Lita at the time had already done all you could under the guidelines of what women could and couldn’t do during that era. The women’s title probably would have never retired though and it would have been 2 titles the whole time.

They had plenty of talent waiting in the wings hungry to take the top spots but the company still lost interest. The only real difference I could see is women like Kelly would have been a women’s champion instead of a divas champion with the same booking.

I think the same tbh! I think when Trish/Lita retired it was good timing for them because I don't think they could've done much more except win the women's title a few more times (mostly in Lita's case though). 

It's hard to tell because there wasn't much more to do with Trish in the title picture at that point without it becoming stale and Lita wasn't that active in the division (she only got active again to give Trish her last match and put over Mickie before she left).

I guess Trish could have had a championship feud with Melina and maybe Jillian, once she moved to RAW, but that's about it.

17 minutes ago, blond. said:

It's hard to tell because there wasn't much more to do with Trish in the title picture at that point without it becoming stale and Lita wasn't that active in the division (she only got active again to give Trish her last match and put over Mickie before she left).

I guess Trish could have had a championship feud with Melina and maybe Jillian, once she moved to RAW, but that's about it.

Agreed!!

2 hours ago, Seductress said:

We probably would have gotten a better WrestleMania 23 match. 

! I've always wanted there to be a more direct passing of the torch to Mickie and Melina since while it was implied, it was never really capitalized upon since they were deadset on just making the Divas TV personalities/sex symbols. 

Maybe they could've stayed until the end of 2007 and the SmackDown championship would've been introduced earlier, but other than that, I really could not seem them lasting much longer than that. :rot: 

13 minutes ago, Cooksie said:

! I've always wanted there to be a more direct passing of the torch to Mickie and Melina since while it was implied, it was never really capitalized upon since they were deadset on just making the Divas TV personalities/sex symbols. 

Maybe they could've stayed until the end of 2007 and the SmackDown championship would've been introduced earlier, but other than that, I really could not seem them lasting much longer than that. :rot: 

Agreed if Trish was the inaugural divas champion things could have turned out so differently.

Post Ivory, Jackie, Molly and Jazz, the division had really slowed and it was very noticeable that it was only Trish and Mickie carrying it in 2006. Perhaps a controversial opinion but Victoria was being badly booked and Lita in 06 was starting to get past her prime. Plus her in a heel role never worked, was too uncomfortable.

Their retirements were the ends of an era but I tend to think that Trish had more to give, she was reaching the apex of her in-ring abilities, another 1.5 years and more iconic moments with Mickie and Melina could have been great.

As it happens, I think it probably played out in the best way. It would have been sad to see them outstay their welcome and it's very possible that an 8th reign for Trish may have been overkill for the audience. I remember her being booed at WM22 and thinking that maybe the tide was starting to turn. She had reigned the division undisputed for a long time and it was perhaps time for fresh faces. And lets face it, Trish and Lita were either going to be the faces of the division or nothing. They could never play mid-card jobbers for new girls.

Lita would've ended up someone's manager. She was always sloppy and dangerous, but she was getting older and quite possibly losing her passion (not that I can blame her).

Trish did everything she could've. I'd say she'd have been used to put over someone new (but good), but it's Trish. She passed it to Mickie. Maybe a team feud or she would've been up against the new Beth instead of Candice.

I feel like Lita would have left regardless. Trish had a legit reason to leave and with her accomplishing everything there was no reason to stick around. Trish leaving was the catalyst Lita needed to get the hell out of there. Lita wasn’t wrestling seriously towards the end and there wasn’t any woman worth working with after Mickie so she left. If they both hadn’t left, I don’t really see much of a difference other than a change in who got bigger. Melina took off right after they both left and I feel like nothing would have changed. Same with Beth and Mickie. The only people I think wouldn’t have been as big were Ashley and Candice. Those two rose to the occasion because of the lack of faces. So I think Trish would have stayed for at least a few more years and Lita would have left. 

I think Trish would have worked Candice's program with Beth and possible Melina. 

Lita would have possibly finished her story with Edge ended up with her leaving/being released but having a WM moment possible turn to try and turn her negative into positive but thats wishful thinking cause i think the E hated her. 

Another thing that could have happened is the Divas Championship would have been introduced eariler, with Trish possibly taking it i think either the Candice or Beth program would have been the Divas Championship program with the Women's championship moving to Smackdown where possibly Torrie would have gotten a reign or the would have gave it to Victoria treating her better at the time. 

19 hours ago, Cooksie said:

Agreed! 

18 hours ago, Stratusphere said:

Post Ivory, Jackie, Molly and Jazz, the division had really slowed and it was very noticeable that it was only Trish and Mickie carrying it in 2006. Perhaps a controversial opinion but Victoria was being badly booked and Lita in 06 was starting to get past her prime. Plus her in a heel role never worked, was too uncomfortable.

Their retirements were the ends of an era but I tend to think that Trish had more to give, she was reaching the apex of her in-ring abilities, another 1.5 years and more iconic moments with Mickie and Melina could have been great.

As it happens, I think it probably played out in the best way. It would have been sad to see them outstay their welcome and it's very possible that an 8th reign for Trish may have been overkill for the audience. I remember her being booed at WM22 and thinking that maybe the tide was starting to turn. She had reigned the division undisputed for a long time and it was perhaps time for fresh faces. And lets face it, Trish and Lita were either going to be the faces of the division or nothing. They could never play mid-card jobbers for new girls.

☕️☕️☕️☕️ 

18 hours ago, Angelic said:

Lita would've ended up someone's manager. She was always sloppy and dangerous, but she was getting older and quite possibly losing her passion (not that I can blame her).

Trish did everything she could've. I'd say she'd have been used to put over someone new (but good), but it's Trish. She passed it to Mickie. Maybe a team feud or she would've been up against the new Beth instead of Candice.

Beth/Trish would have been 🔥🔥