Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Is Trish still the standard?

f333c23a588e9ef869f675ea0e840052.jpg

20150526_nxtdivas_1284x722-1477835941-80

trish-stratus.jpg

Is Trish still the standard for up and coming women, or has she been surpassed by the four horsewomen (especially Charlotte)? What are your thoughts? :newspaper:

Yes and no.

In terms of overall achievements she is this generations Moolah. The aspiration and the sort of legendary figure that people cite as the inspiration for where the division is currently at. In Trish's generation, Moolah was that figurehead and Trish is that to the girls today. Charlotte will be the next one to hold that mantle.

The wrestling industry has changed so much though, in terms of social media and influence, I would say Nikki is the standard bearer.

Initially I was going to say no, because Trish was the quintessential DIVA which was all about being the total package of beauty, talent and character and today they push the narrative that it's all about the wrestling and we have girls like Shayna Baszler, or Ember Moon, who was once told she didn't have the Diva look that Trish embodied, and they're not longer trying to replicate her success like they tried so hard to do with women like Ashley Massaro and Candice Michelle.

But then I remembered our two current champions and hell she just might still be the standard after all.

48 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Initially I was going to say no, because Trish was the quintessential DIVA which was all about being the total package of beauty, talent and character and today they push the narrative that it's all about the wrestling and we have girls like Shayna Baszler, or Ember Moon, who was once told she didn't have the Diva look that Trish embodied, and they're not longer trying to replicate her success like they tried so hard to do with women like Ashley Massaro and Candice Michelle.

But then I remembered our two current champions and hell she just might still be the standard after all.

Who is the guy in your avi? He’s hot

Sure is, she's the total package both as a face and a heel, and has had great feuds as both face and a heel, her title reigns weren't random and all included different and memorable feuds, and weren't wasted on just one (like with Charlotte and Sasha). She had memorable heel and face turns, with both happening at WM, and her retirement has yet to be topped. So all in all, she's the one to beat. Alexa or Charlotte can beat her title record but if they don't have all these qualities and moments they won't be the standard.

She is. Because no matter how many accolades they put on Charlotte, Alexa, etc. none of them will feel as organic as Trish’s time at the top. The reason why she is what she is, is because she was the perfect package that not only came with wrestling, mic and acting skills, she also appealed to casual fans and also main stream media. :shrug: 

However, I do believe that y’all being perched to see who is going to surpass her legacy has to stop, n. Because it’s been over a decade and there still hasn’t been anyone on her level. That’s not to say that the girls that came after her aren’t great because they are, but when you’re he GOAT, you’re the GOAT. There’s no one that’s going to touch her. 

This might be controversial, but I honestly feel like since the turn of the decade the division has grown and evolved to a point where the conversation for the greatest of all time/the standard bearer is much more open for debate, similar to how with the men you'll have some people arguing HBK, some arguing Stone Cold, some arguing Undertaker. There's a handful of women who have surpassed her in individual ways and have left their own massive impact unique to them. While you could still say Trish ticks the most boxes, others aren't far behind. To break it down, Bellas have achieved crossover not seen for a long ass time, AJ achieved HUGE popularity, success/accolades (to a point since she retired early) and influence + has memorable promos/moments, Sasha owns the greatest matches of all time, Charlotte is about to net more reigns and break down more doors. Like it or not, the girls on the roster/down in NXT are looking at them just as much as Trish as modern standard bearers, if not more due to the recency. And then you have Lita, who I'd say in this day and age is more often getting her due, and is arguably more influential.

It depends on what the woman in question is aiming for. But anyone wrestling for the big company aspires to have even a percent of her overness/fame/IMPACT/reigns/etc. The company and herself set her career up to where she will never not get a big ovation. She is The (Female) Rock.

So I would say ‘yes’ in that respect. She is not, however, the standard for actual wrestling. That has been topped twice over. Styles and risks have progressed since then, her iconic moves however do find a way to be implemented by certain girls. Even if eventually weeded out.

Edited by Christon
      5 hours ago, Stratusphere said:

Yes and no.

In terms of overall achievements she is this generations Moolah. The aspiration and the sort of legendary figure that people cite as the inspiration for where the division is currently at. In Trish's generation, Moolah was that figurehead and Trish is that to the girls today. Charlotte will be the next one to hold that mantle.

The wrestling industry has changed so much though, in terms of social media and influence, I would say Nikki is the standard bearer.

Please don't ever compare these 2 again :uhh: One fucked over so many girls and literally pimped them out for her "achievements", while one busted her ass and worked hard for hers

tumblr_ocp656WlKz1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Also @Jacqulee haaaay bitch where you been!?

2 hours ago, Mariah. said:

This might be controversial, but I honestly feel like since the turn of the decade the division has grown and evolved to a point where the conversation for the greatest of all time/the standard bearer is much more open for debate, similar to how with the men you'll have some people arguing HBK, some arguing Stone Cold, some arguing Undertaker. There's a handful of women who have surpassed her in individual ways and have left their own massive impact unique to them. While you could still say Trish ticks the most boxes, others aren't far behind. To break it down, Bellas have achieved crossover not seen for a long ass time, AJ achieved HUGE popularity, success/accolades (to a point since she retired early) and influence + has memorable promos/moments, Sasha owns the greatest matches of all time, Charlotte is about to net more reigns and break down more doors. Like it or not, the girls on the roster/down in NXT are looking at them just as much as Trish as modern standard bearers, if not more due to the recency. And then you have Lita, who I'd say in this day and age is more often getting her due, and is arguably more influential.

While Trish is probably the GOAT when it comes down to it, Lita is really moving up post-retirement as the woman who truly broke down barriers and continues to fight for what is right and what she believes in, i.e. her Rumble gear—where Trish wanted to show she could still go and look like the star she is, Lita took it to another level by putting herself out there for the women who could not be there and by calling out the industry on an issue that has been largely ignored. The two are synonymous with one another, but Trish to me rests on her laurels, which is fine and does nothing to tarnish her, but Lita continues to step up & her ring-style, personal style, and persona seem more long lasting and important to where we are now. 

bDW6kNx.gif

Trish is always going to be seen as the most well-decorated woman in the company's history. I don't think anybody can really say otherwise there.

But, I think we're at an age now where the women don't really have to compete to be like Trish, or to be the next best thing since Trish. I think that started to die off as soon as the word 'Diva' is, since these girls are focusing more on evolving as a division now than having one star stand at the top of the company.