Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Oscars 2020 | Speculation + Discussion | "Joker" Wins Top Prize at Venice

Image result for academy awards graphics

So with fall on the horizon comes Oscar season, bringing a slew of film festivals and prestige blockbusters. I thought to make a thread where we can post and discuss outside of the typical genre fare, the films that might be looking toward Oscar glory. Post your trailers, reviews, predictions, etc.!

• Replies 96
      • Created
      • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh girl, Joker is COMING coming    

I still wanna watch 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood', but it doesn't look like I'll be able to drag anyone to the theater, so I'll have to wait for a HQ upload  

lowkey what she deserves for playing with my childhood classic

Mainly I needed a place to stan Little Women!

Legend Saoirse and my husband Timothee coming to collect AGAIN, we-

I'm kinda sad this isn't premiering at TIFF though since I planned to venture out this year, but my other husband is COMING as well, the movie confirmed to be part of the line up :excited: 

If Robert collects an Oscar just before he plays Batman and rises back to the throne as the King of Hollywood/actor of our generation :shook: 

Just now, Tamina’s ligaments said:

Tbh. It looks like a great self-container character study-type movie. I can definitely see it at least get a few nominations.

I feel like an actor nom for Joaquin is a definite, especially since the field is usually weak and he already has early momentum. A win will likely depend on what stage in the game the other candidates emerge.

1 minute ago, Mariah. said:

I still wanna watch 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood', but it doesn't look like I'll be able to drag anyone to the theater, so I'll have to wait for a HQ upload :cooksie: 

I wanted to catch that too. Interesting to see what they do with the Manson murders and Sharon Tate. Heard a lot of controversy about the film, but Tarantino is no stranger to it anyway.

2 minutes ago, Tamina’s ligaments said:

I wanted to catch that too. Interesting to see what they do with the Manson murders and Sharon Tate. Heard a lot of controversy about the film, but Tarantino is no stranger to it anyway.

The most I've heard since I've been avoiding spoilers is that Sharon's role is minimal, which is disappointing because I was kinda perched to see Margod play her.

Margot is kinda outclassed here, but that's because Nicole and Charlize are LEGENDS. I bet Charlize gets a second Oscar if she goes in supporting, she looks dead ass like Megyn Kelly. The mannerisms/silent acting :shook: 

2 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

Early Gold Derby predictions:

• Picture: The Irishman
      • Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio
      •  Actress: Cynthia Erivo
      • Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt
      • Supporting Actress: Annette Bening

VorbYmS.gif

I watched the first 30 min of Once Upon a Time... and was kinda bored especially since it was low quality bootleg, maybe they do something in the other four hours of run time?

VorbYmS.gif

8 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

I watched the first 30 min of Once Upon a Time... and was kinda bored especially since it was low quality bootleg, maybe they do something in the other four hours of run time?

VorbYmS.gif

The pace picks up after the first 40 or so minutes, only to plateau with (what I thought was) an anticlimactic ending. Not a bad film, but completely too long. Zodiac teas

VorbYmS.gif