Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Up-and-Comers of the 2020s

So I thought to ask the Heartbreakers: who are some talent in movies and TV that you see breaking through to the big time this decade? They don't necessarily have to be a complete unknown, but someone who hasn't gotten the recognition you feel they deserve, be it an actor, writer, director, etc. Perhaps it's even a franchise or series you think is on the brink of being huge (or deserves to be). Let's shine a light on the, to this point, overlooked names (this is also the perfect place to highlight black, latinx, asian, LGBT+, female etc. talents that don't get the clout they have long been due)

Image result for oprah gif"

Sex Education on Netflix is amazing. I know it's proven to be pretty popular but I really can't say enough good things about it, especially the stuff with Ncuti Gatwa as a black gay in a main role. Stream the second season coming 17 Jan!

I'll start by highlighting a trans talent in Hunter Schafer. If you don't already know her, besides being trans, she is someone I think is a really, really good, naturally gifted actress and she's extremely likable and charismatic. She had no prior credits to her name and she still managed to emerge as one of the high points of Euphoria. Also shout out to MJ Rodriguez who DESERVES recognition this decade for being the heart of Pose.

As far as Hunter is concerned, I've made it no secret that I'd like to see her book a significant role in a franchise movie under WB since they like to keep their stars in rotation.

hmmmm, let's see:

• 2020 should be the year of Pedro Pascal, he's been great in The Mandalorian and I'm shook that he did THAT in WW84
      • Florence Pugh, she's so young and so talented, I've really enjoyed her performances in everything she's been in (All the awards for what she did in Midsommar)
      • I want to see what Lashana Lynch will do with the new 007 moniker once Daniel Craig is out of the picture
      • Beanie Feldstein, I think she's so hilarious and i love her in What We Do in the Shadows, I think she's cast as Monica Lewinsky in "American Crime Story."
      • Toni Collette, HELLO!

Image result for periodt gif

1 hour ago, Shoaib. said:

Sex Education on Netflix is amazing. I know it's proven to be pretty popular but I really can't say enough good things about it, especially the stuff with Ncuti Gatwa as a black gay in a main role. Stream the second season coming 17 Jan!

Ooo I started that today and didn’t get a chance to finish the first episode. Definitely will be finishing it sooner than later!

@Mariah. and @Jake pretty much said all the talent I thought of!!

b132a9ef-fcde-4f97-ba90-b657cb281e06

Agree with all the comments about the Euphoria cast. Hunter, Barbie and Jacob in particular need to break out this year.

Luke Evans. He’s always booked and busy but is never is given the recognition he deserves. He was in 6 movies, a TV show and dropped an album in 2019. 

Jodie Comer 

Indya Moore 

Jharrell Jerome 

Ncuti Gatwa 

Emma Mackey 

also I truly hope Greta Gerwig, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jenji Kohan & Emerald Fennell get to continue writing fantastic shows and movies. 

36 minutes ago, Kat said:

Jodie Comer 

Indya Moore 

Jharrell Jerome 

Ncuti Gatwa 

Emma Mackey 

also I truly hope Greta Gerwig, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jenji Kohan & Emerald Fennell get to continue writing fantastic shows and movies. 

I finally just watched Killing Eve and my god Jodie is incredible (as is Sandra Oh but I already knew her). 

And after seeing what Phoebe did with Season 1, I’m even more excited for her Bond movie.

1 hour ago, Henry Cavill said:

I finally just watched Killing Eve and my god Jodie is incredible (as is Sandra Oh but I already knew her). 

And after seeing what Phoebe did with Season 1, I’m even more excited for her Bond movie.

Killing Eve is legit my favourite show right now. So well written and acted. 

Ana de Armas is another actress I've highlighted before, but after seeing her in Knives Out I know she's a fucking STAR. She carried that shit being at its center, among some legendary actors. She pulled me in from her very first scene and wouldn't let me go :shook:. I hope she snatches an Oscar really soon, though they're not really kinda to latinas.

As mentioned above (and also by me in the past, a theme so far lmao), Jacob Elordi is amazing. Not only is he hot, but he's vastly talented and Euphoria showed that not only can he pull off leading man with his looks and charisma, but he can also delve deep into darkness. I think he has a long, long career ahead of him. Lemme also clock the other people I've pushed in the past just to keep putting it in the universe :sandra: : Trevante Rhodes (he needs to lead more things, he's sooo good) and Matthew Noszka (he's not the best actor yet, but he definitely has a star quality/charisma/charm to him and in every role he's gotten better). Another guy I see it for is Glen Powell. He originally auditioned for the main role in the Top Gun sequel and lost it to Miles Teller, but producers reportedly liked him so much they wrote him in, so I think this might be his break out and he'll steal the show.

I also wanted to highlight some directors, the first that comes to mind being Karyn Kusama who's directed Jennifer's Body, Aeon Flux and Destroyer. I feel like it's time she gets a big budget and I could see her bodying a Gotham City Sirens.

Like Mariah Ana De Armas is coming :cry: let me just say what I basically tweeted after watching the movie! 

I didn't know she was going to be the MAIN character in Knives Out, specially with a cast like that and she didn't lack at all. I kinda got emotional after the movie ended, she is part of my childhood and seeing her where she is now :crying2:

Edited by Amlex
      4 hours ago, Mariah. said:

Ana de Armas is another actress I've highlighted before, but after seeing her in Knives Out I know she's a fucking STAR. She carried that shit being at its center, among some legendary actors. She pulled me in from her very first scene and wouldn't let me go :shook:. I hope she snatches an Oscar really soon, though they're not really kinda to latinas.

As mentioned above (and also by me in the past, a theme so far lmao), Jacob Elordi is amazing. Not only is he hot, but he's vastly talented and Euphoria showed that not only can he pull off leading man with his looks and charisma, but he can also delve deep into darkness. I think he has a long, long career ahead of him. Lemme also clock the other people I've pushed in the past just to keep putting it in the universe :sandra: : Trevante Rhodes (he needs to lead more things, he's sooo good) and Matthew Noszka (he's not the best actor yet, but he definitely has a star quality/charisma/charm to him and in every role he's gotten better). Another guy I see it for is Glen Powell. He originally auditioned for the main role in the Top Gun sequel and lost it to Miles Teller, but producers reportedly liked him so much they wrote him in, so I think this might be his break out and he'll steal the show.

I also wanted to highlight some directors, the first that comes to mind being Karyn Kusama who's directed Jennifer's Body, Aeon Flux and Destroyer. I feel like it's time she gets a big budget and I could see her bodying a Gotham City Sirens.

Glen Powell is incredible! His character was my favourite from Screen Queens 👏🏽

I also think Zendaya’s star will significantly rise in 2020, she’s been making smart decisions lately. 
      I can see Saiorse Ronan making her way into blockbuster film and ditching the art house films she usually makes.

Laura Harrier also needs to work more than she currently is