Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Coronavirus Thread | US records highest number of cases globally

Live update of 830K+ confirmed global cases

Top 10 per number of cases:

1. United States (182,203) (3,564 deaths)
      2. Italy (105,792) (12,428 deaths)
      3. Spain (94,417) (8,269 deaths)
      4. China (81,518) (3,305 deaths)
      5. Germany (70,985) (713 deaths)
      6. France (51,487) (3,516 deaths)
      7. Iran (44,606) (2,898 deaths)
      8. United Kingdom (25,150) (1,808 deaths)
      9. Switzerland (16,597) (432 deaths)
      10. Turkey (13,531) (214 deaths)

Symptoms

As the coronavirus continues to spread across the globe, the news is coming at a fast and furious pace. But don’t let the volume send you into a panic about your health and that of your loved ones.

“The mantra is, ‘Keep calm and carry on,’” said Dr. Marguerite Neill, an infectious disease expert at Brown University.

Here’s a list of frequently asked questions about the coronavirus outbreak and its symptoms.

What symptoms should I look out for?

Symptoms of this infection include fever, a dry cough, fatigue and difficulty breathing or shortness of breath. The illness causes lung lesions and pneumonia. Some of these symptoms overlap with those of the flu, making detection difficult, but runny noses and stuffy sinuses are not normally among the first symptoms.

Patients may also exhibit gastrointestinal problems or diarrhea. Most people fall ill five to seven days after exposure, but symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as many as 14 days.

In some cases, people who had appeared stable rapidly deteriorate in the second week; anyone infected needs careful monitoring.

How to respond if you’re sick

If you think you’re sick as a result of the novel coronavirus, you can help safeguard your loved ones and community by staying at home, except to get medical care.

The current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that you call a medical professional if you notice symptoms and

Live in or have traveled to an area with a known coronavirus outbreak

or

Have had close contact with someone who has traveled to an area with an outbreak

or

Have had close contact with anyone infected.

Call your doctor or health professional before you go. That will help him or her prepare for your visit and prevent the spread of the virus to other people in the office. Be sure to wear a mask when you go to the doctor’s office and when you’re around other people. If you cannot find a mask, you can create a makeshift one from a cloth or T-shirt.

Get an informed guide to the global outbreak with our daily coronavirusnewsletter.

The C.D.C. also suggests that you avoid public transportation, ride-sharing services and taxis, and that you separate yourself from other people and animals in your home as soon as possible. That means not letting anyone enter your room and, ideally, not sharing bathrooms. Others should stay more than three feet away from you and avoid any surface you might have coughed on or touched, including doorknobs, plates, cups and towels.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-symptoms-flu.html

Breaking reports

• Replies 100
      • Created
      • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone showing up at the club for an HB meet up

Fuck this virus and whatever diseased mutant bird it flew in on. Had to cancel Vegas. We were literally about to leave for the airport and the news reported that MGM Re

I was just about to highlight that it's interesting (not really) that the countries with a good health care system in place aren't really facing a significant number of deaths or ca

8 minutes ago, Don Draper said:

As long as you practice good hygiene you should be fine. I ordered some reusable N95 masks for good measure though, but they don’t come for another 2 weeks.

l2bh6pe.gif

My Naomi Campbell era is here

1583407669351-naomi.jpeg?crop=1xw%3A1xh%

My lab is staring to accept specimens to send out for testing of this. Joy. We already have been doing our usual flu tests, lots of other flus are still active and infecting people, not just corona. Wash ya damn hands, you'll be fine  

Thanks for starting this thread @Don Draper:trickie:

It's been reported it's in the next town over from where I work and it's already in my county, which is one of the densest counties in NJ so I'm -

Image result for wwe scared gif

This whole thing has triggered my health anxiety. I'm not so much as worried for myself, I'm in close contact with my elderly grandparents every day, the last thing I want is for them to get this. My friend who works at a newspaper got word yesterday to work from home b/c one of the workers was in contact with a relative w/ flu-like symptoms, hoping whoever that is doesn't have this. 

I'm super annoyed at my editor who keeps insisting our conference in May is still going as planned. Um, sis, *whispers* it probably won't and I lowkey don't want to go up to Boston and potentially get this. All the olds at work right now are still like, "It'S jUsT a FlU" OK, karen, you're 60ish with diabetes, you're one of the vulnerable. SMH. This whole thing has really brought out the dumb.

Image result for wwe scared gif

eye am not worried, other than for the lack of appropriate response from US health officials. If anything, our government should have been on top of it and aiding countries with bad economies and health care systems like China and Italy

GZJJLw4.gif

3 hours ago, Jeigz said:

eye am not worried, other than for the lack of appropriate response from US health officials. If anything, our government should have been on top of it and aiding countries with bad economies and health care systems like China and Italy

GZJJLw4.gif

I was just about to highlight that it's interesting (not really) that the countries with a good health care system in place aren't really facing a significant number of deaths or cases

GZJJLw4.gif

2 hours ago, Mariah. said:

I was just about to highlight that it's interesting (not really) that the countries with a good health care system in place aren't really facing a significant number of deaths or cases

GZJJLw4.gif

Us being more likely to die from being trampled by people panic buying toilet paper than from the virus says a lot
      GZJJLw4.gif

1 hour ago, Rainbow Heart said:

Us being more likely to die from being trampled by people panic buying toilet paper than from the virus says a lot
      GZJJLw4.gif

I work at Woolies and this has legit nearly happened to me 10 times already. 

Coachella and Stagecoach were officially cancelled and E3 is next. 

I hope WrestleMania is cancelled and WWE loses at ton of money. 

7 hours ago, Kat said:

I work at Woolies and this has legit nearly happened to me 10 times already. 

Stay safe!

2 hours ago, Black Canary said:

Coachella and Stagecoach were officially cancelled and E3 is next. 

I hope WrestleMania is cancelled and WWE loses at ton of money. 

Stay safe!

Y’all say this as if people’s jobs won’t be on the line if the company can’t make money. :culture: