Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Coronavirus Thread | US records highest number of cases globally

• Replies 100
      • Created
      • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone showing up at the club for an HB meet up

Fuck this virus and whatever diseased mutant bird it flew in on. Had to cancel Vegas. We were literally about to leave for the airport and the news reported that MGM Re

I was just about to highlight that it's interesting (not really) that the countries with a good health care system in place aren't really facing a significant number of deaths or ca

the audacity for crusty yts to criticize Asian-Americans when most are recovered because their healthcare system isn't a fraud. My sister started getting symptoms, but the doctors refused to test her because she is "low-risk" as of the moment she went in??? Isn't the whole point of controlling the virus is to test as many people at risk levels and put them in quarantine?? The government continues to show its ugliness by continuing to insist on canceling student debt forgiveness or food stamps programs instead while being like 8 days behind the rest of the world in COVID-19 updates. I'll never insist that a virus is good for anything, it's beginning to expose every corrupt layer of companies/governments/etc, pollution is going down, and wildlife is thriving!! I hope a good percentage of society will reorganize their priorities after this and we can finally get the crusty old men out of being our leaders because i'm TIRED.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, AntiKingAndrew said:

the audacity for crusty yts to criticize Asian-Americans when most are recovered because their healthcare system isn't a fraud. My sister started getting symptoms, but the doctors refused to test her because she is "low-risk" as of the moment she went in??? Isn't the whole point of controlling the virus is to test as many people at risk levels and put them in quarantine?? The government continues to show its ugliness by continuing to insist on canceling student debt forgiveness or food stamps programs instead while being like 8 days behind the rest of the world in COVID-19 updates. I'll never insist that a virus is good for anything, it's beginning to expose every corrupt layer of companies/governments/etc, pollution is going down, and wildlife is thriving!! I hope a good percentage of society will reorganize their priorities after this and we can finally get the crusty old men out of being our leaders because i'm TIRED.

So doctors are kinda using a flow chart right now for testing because we don't have a lot of tests in the US. For example here where I work, if someone is in ICU and have symptoms, they get the test from our State Health lab. If they're admitted, they get a test, but it gets sent to our reference lab out in California (so turn around time isn't as fast), and for anyone else, they're mostly just going to do regular flu/virus screenings. We're still seeing a lot of positives for rhinovirus, adenovirus, flu A and B, H1N1. So I really think they're trying to get to people who are more immunocompromised/elderly/at risk of serious sickness that could result in death. For younger people that don't have an underlying issue, our bodies can fight the virus within a week or so without any complications. Now of course if someone gets worse and develops significant breathing problems or a very high fever, then yes they should call a doctor. That's one thing we've discussed several times at work. We're worried people are going to take this "don't go to the doctor!!!" business seriously, and it could result in more deaths from something else, like septicemia. It's such a fine line and there aren't any real guidelines.

The hospitals here are a mess. I had to call an MRSA result today and the nurse said, okay that's fine, we haven't been doing contact precautions lately anyway. At first I was like WAT?!?!! but realized it's because they're having to use all those materials (masks, gowns, etc) for flu cases.

It's all just a great big mess and even though we do "train" for things like this, the real deal is nothing compared to training. I know in Oklahoma, we're trying to get more places set up to run COVID testing, it's just not that simple as mass manufacturing a test. People last night on the news were calling in, complaining about why can't doctors just get more tests? Why can't the labs do more tests? Well, we can't just magically make tests appear. And because this is a novel virus, we don't have any kinds of controls or known values, we're having to figure this out as it comes. It's unfortunately very time consuming, but we're doing what we can.

I just hope we as a health care system and country learn from this. The fucking morons down in Florida on Spring Break... that just blew me away. We really do have some stupid people living among us.

Ugh. There is so much panic buying today as NZ prepares for lockdown at 11:59pm tonight. But the fact that The Warehouse doesnt think it should close is stupid. It is NOT an essential business as over 70% is nothing that people need to get through these four weeks. For people that dont know what Warehouse is it has just about everything in it for a cheap price. So if it stays open it will actually be the reason if more people catch it. I mean we are only at 155 that is including the 40 new cases today.

But we are lucky so far there is no deaths from it.

Sorry had to get that off my chest

5 hours ago, Jodes said:

Ugh. There is so much panic buying today as NZ prepares for lockdown at 11:59pm tonight. But the fact that The Warehouse doesnt think it should close is stupid. It is NOT an essential business as over 70% is nothing that people need to get through these four weeks. For people that dont know what Warehouse is it has just about everything in it for a cheap price. So if it stays open it will actually be the reason if more people catch it. I mean we are only at 155 that is including the 40 new cases today.

But we are lucky so far there is no deaths from it.

Sorry had to get that off my chest

No worries sis, we're in this together. :hug:

My anxiety is real bad today, got bad news yesterday, my job, which i can thankfully do from home, will be cutting all our pay so effectively we're getting demoted. I already make the bare bones salary of a managing editor, now, I'm speechless. it'll also be that time of the month for me this week (ofc, lmao) and now because of Trump, my grandparents think it's a good idea for everyone to "go back to work." what that means, they could barely tell me this morning. BuT MaH eCoNoMy, money doesn't mean shit if everyone is dead. I have to make a quick run to the pharmacy this morning and I'm scared as hell.

Image result for charlotte flair scared gif

Just now, Don Draper said:

And him already contemplating ending quarantine measures early... US outbreak is really gonna be worse than Italy and Spain huh

GZJJLw4.gif

guess this is one way to kill off the stupid.

Welp GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY 

this is ridiculous. I honestly didn't take this that seriously at first because I didn't see it being THIS deadly, but it didn't take me long to see I was wrong. Not sure why others aren't seeing this either. Stay. The fuck. HOME. I cannot believe there are people who are all, "The government isn't gonna tell me what I can and can't do, where I can and can't go!"

I looked back, on the 9th when I posted to wash your hands and you'd be fine, at that time I was like yeah whatever, this is just like a flu, no biggie. Not even 20 days later and I am thinking the exact opposite. This is no bueno. The speed at which this moves... scary.

23 hours ago, Don Draper said:

And him already contemplating ending quarantine measures early... US outbreak is really gonna be worse than Italy and Spain huh

GZJJLw4.gif

lmaoooo I'm not seeing an American city for the next year, these borders about to be locked SHUT.

GZJJLw4.gif

On 3/29/2020 at 10:41 PM, Don Draper said:

At parks and playgrounds here, they put caution tape over all the equipment. Parents are going and taking it down so their kids can play. I really wish this virus could target the stupid and eat it out of them. Leave us with humanity that has common sense.

26 minutes ago, Katy said:

At parks and playgrounds here, they put caution tape over all the equipment. Parents are going and taking it down so their kids can play. I really wish this virus could target the stupid and eat it out of them. Leave us with humanity that has common sense.

I swear. I was driving through Chicago yesterday and saw kids and parents at playgrounds as well. I see police patrolled throughout the area, but need to be around places like these.

• 2 months later...

Ahhh NZ is clear of Covid! Thanks to Jacinda. We are back to level 1. Hope everyone else is safe,

We did it, NZ! New Zealand 'COVID-free' as last active case recovers, no new cases for 17 days

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/we-did-it-nz-new-zealand-covid-free-as-last-active-case-recovers-no-new-cases-for-17-days/ar-BB15azGo?li=BBqdg4K