Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Sam Raimi Confirmed as Director for "Doctor Strange" Sequel

The internet was set ablaze a few months back when it was announced that the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man trilogy helmer Sam Raimi would be returning to the comic book world for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and a select number of fans may recall that the writer/director mentioned the sorcerer in one of said films. Now the director has officially gone on record for the first time (!) about taking on the project, and you can check out his quote below!

RELATED: Doctor Strange 2 Continuing Remote Pre-Production for June Start Date

Whilst chatting with Raimi for his upcoming Quibi anthology horror series, 50 States of Fright, ComingSoon.net reflected with Raimi on the scene in which J.K. Simmons’ J. Jonah Jameson and Ted Raimi’s Ted Hoffman discuss possible names for Otto Octavius’ evil persona, Dr. Octopus. Before landing on the amphibious name, Hoffman offers Dr. Strange, to which Jameson appreciates but notes that it has already been taken, seemingly referring to the Marvel sorcerer.

“I loved Doctor Strange as a kid, but he was always after Spider-Man and Batman for me, he was probably at number five for me of great comic book characters,” Raimi described. “He was so original, but when we had that moment in Spider-Man 2 I had no idea that we would ever be making a Doctor Strange movie, so it was really funny to me that coincidentally that line was in the movie. I gotta say I wish we had the foresight to know that I was going to be involved in the project.”

Benedict Cumberbatch will reprise his role as Stephen Strange, with Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff. Olsen’s upcoming Disney+ series, WandaVision, will also tie into the sequel. Additionally, Marvel’s Kevin Feige has confirmed that the Loki series will be linked to Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness as well. Filming was expected to begin in May, but due to global health concerns it has been pushed back to pre-production beginning remotely in June.

The film recently hired Loki head writer Michael Waldron to rewrite the script from Jade Bartlett and has entered talks with Spider-Man‘s Sam Raimi to take over the directorial reigns on the project, much to the joy of fans and Derrickson alike.

Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, and Benedict Wong have yet to be confirmed for the sequel. However, it’s likely that they will all return.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will hit theaters on November 5, 2021.

Source

the delay being a blessing in disguise for this bc it would've been about to rush into filming any minute now, likely without a fully fleshed out script. I was here for what we had been told about the original vision as well but this is about to snap

RUTNtQc.gif