Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Live-Action "Hercules" In the Works at Disney

Joe and Anthony Russo are producing, but not directing, the remake via their AGBO banner.

Disney is going from zero to hero once more, putting into development a live-action remake of its 1997 animated movie Hercules.

The studio has hired Dave Callaham, the action scribe who launched the Expendables franchise and wrote Marvel’s upcoming Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, to pen the script.

Joe and Anthony Russo, the filmmakers behind the Avengers: Endgame and Infinity War, are set to produce via their AGBO banner.

The 1997 pic was a musical fantasy retelling of the Greek legend that featured plenty of the trademark comedic banter of that era’s Disney animated titles. Tate Donovan voiced the demigod looking to reclaim his heroic stature, while James Woods played Hades, the god plotting to overthrow Olympus.

The animated film, which underwent considerable retooling over its many years in development, had 18 credited writers who worked on the story and screenplay. Ron Clements and Jon Musker directed.

The new Hercules is in early development, and this being a Disney title, rumors have already swirled about other producers and even filmmakers. The Russos are the only producers on the project and will not direct, according to insiders.

There have also been casting rumors in recent weeks, partially spurred on by Ariana Grande's performance of the movie’s "I Won’t Say I’m in Love" during The Disney Family Singalong, which engendered a petition on Change.org for her to play Megara, the female lead. Idris Elba and Ryan Gosling’s names have also been floated by enthusiasts. But in reality, the project is far from the casting stage.

It is unclear what the new take on Hercules will be or if it will even keep the musical elements. Disney has taken varying approaches to its live-action remakes. Last year’s The Lion King, for example, hewed quite closely to the 1994 original, while Mulan, set for release July 24, is a looser interpretation of its 1998 source material.

One thing is clear: With Callaham attached, expect plenty of action. The writer is currently in the middle of a comic book hero phase, having worked on not only Shang-Chi but also the upcoming Wonder Woman 1984. The in-demand scribe is also writing Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 2. Other credits include Zombieland: Double Tap and Godzilla.

The Russos and AGBO produced the Chris Hemsworth action vehicle Extraction, which debuted last week on Netflix.

Source

I suppose it was only a matter of time since seemingly nobody at Disney has an original idea between them. Can't wait until they exhaust their library and we move onto the 'animated remakes of the live action remakes' era :clap:

oh and to answer your questions; No/Lindsay Lohan :clap:  

5 hours ago, Ninja Balenciaga said:

I need Amber Riley & Jennifer Hudson to be cast as some of the Muses, that's all I know.

tbh I don’t even see the Muses getting cast, despite the fact that they’re probably the only interesting part of the animated film. Hercules, like Mulan, can be simplified to not include music (especially since most of the songs don’t make much noise) and be “more faithful” to the source material. Of course, that also means it should be a Mediterranean cast, and let’s top that off by remembering this story has been done and redone endless times on film and TV,  so, maybe it’s a pass all around 

9kNoVeL.gif

☝

5 hours ago, Jeigz said:

tbh I don’t even see the Muses getting cast, despite the fact that they’re probably the only interesting part of the animated film. Hercules, like Mulan, can be simplified to not include music (especially since most of the songs don’t make much noise) and be “more faithful” to the source material. Of course, that also means it should be a Mediterranean cast, and let’s top that off by remembering this story has been done and redone endless times on film and TV,  so, maybe it’s a pass all around 

9kNoVeL.gif

And that's the gospel truth.

9kNoVeL.gif

On 5/2/2020 at 4:50 PM, Jeigz said:

9kNoVeL.gif

I feel like their biggest hurdle is just that the og movie was kind of shit. You can't just 'remake' it you'd need to rebuild significant parts of the movie especially if you can't cast someone who can match up to the original Hades. I feel like it can be a good movie with some retooling but idk if they can be bothered. They'll just give Meg a second musical number about how she's a feminist before immediately getting captured/crushed and call it a day
      JXrb5uN.gif

On 5/2/2020 at 2:50 AM, Jeigz said:

9kNoVeL.gif

I think your point about various adaptations is probably why I think it's gonna be a shot for shot remake like Beauty and the Beast and Lion King, especially since the source material isn't that family friendly anyway. The main reason they apparently switched up Mulan was because China hated the more beloved/iconic aspects of the cartoon, I'm sure it would have been a direct remake too if not for that market.

9kNoVeL.gif