Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

#SpeakingOut tackles sexual misconduct in wrestling

• Replies 78
      • Created
      • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here's my story. I got into wrestling in like 4th grade. By the time I got to jr high/high school I was like okay, I actually want to do this. Met a guy in Kentucky who had a school, and at

While I've been waiting for the day of reckoning with the big wigs being taken down too, I'm really glad to see this small step toward that and I support all the people coming forward. It's not

NOT THE PRESS RELEASE ON SOME STICKY LABEL PAPER 

i'm not sure why the gurls (Jaimie and Candy) outed Matt Riddle here. Seems like they are just hurt that he just wanted to hook up with them rather than have any type of relationship. Nothing that they've shared is about sexual assault. Candy Cartwright's story with him, however, is relevant to the hash tag. 

Edited by trishfan1
      2 hours ago, Black Canary said:

Str8 men are trash. Don’t joke about raping a woman.

That is completely disgusting. Fuck him and fuck that stupid podcaster for continuing the conversation and not even calling him out on that comment. 

4 hours ago, Black Canary said:

I was talking to Mariah & Stephen about this and I am personally at the point where I completely want to disassociate myself from anything wrestling related. This has been going on for decades now to the point that the wrestlers themselves (and the fans) try to justify it by saying that it’s the “culture of wrestling.” In 2020, they literally think shit like this is a joke. 

All of the fake change that has only happened in the outside, when the wrestling industry is literally rotten at it’s CORE, is not enough for me to just be outraged for one day & turn a blind eye until the next scandal. I’m over it. 

Also, the other people that rushed to Alexas defense but have been quiet all morning about this are just as complicit in all of this. They were big mad when that audio broke out but haven’t said shit about Sasha, with the exception of a handful. 

They've spoken about it. I see a lot of the same people that were calling it not that big of a deal & an attack on men are now praising this & hoping that this ends the conversation. While I'm glad Sasha got in front of it & was the bigger person, I wish guys could just realize why r*pe jokes are not ok, why being shitty to women is not ok. Now it's just damage control.

8 hours ago, Black Canary said:

This is so disgusting. I don't want to hear anything about how it was just a joke, saying that is not okay in the slightest.

I'm sick of so many in this world.

I honestly thought that Ashley’s death and the information we received about her would have been what set things off but I’m glad it’s finally happening for the victims. I’m glad I have no ties with wrestling anymore because the culture was never healthy to begin with. The fact that the WWE, AEW, NJPW, and TNA still have people employed that are implicated WITH evidence for the sake of simply not losing a talent they value speaks volumes. They will still thrive and some of the victims like Will Ospreay’s was never even allowed to get their feet off of the ground. gross 

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

This is so disgusting. I don't want to hear anything about how it was just a joke, saying that is not okay in the slightest.

I'm sick of so many in this world.

Like I could understand, if he was like "Sasha is so hot, I wish I could bang her". While crude, it's not something out of the ordinary from a hormonal lustful male.

However, saying that "you want to rape her", that is where you cross the line. That goes beyond fratboy joking around and straight into "WTF were you thinking you dumbass!" territory

7 hours ago, prince. said:

I was talking to Mariah & Stephen about this and I am personally at the point where I completely want to disassociate myself from anything wrestling related. This has been going on for decades now to the point that the wrestlers themselves (and the fans) try to justify it by saying that it’s the “culture of wrestling.” In 2020, they literally think shit like this is a joke. 

All of the fake change that has only happened in the outside, when the wrestling industry is literally rotten at it’s CORE, is not enough for me to just be outraged for one day & turn a blind eye until the next scandal. I’m over it. 

It makes cutting ties all the easier knowing there’s an industry of people not only complicit, but active participants in a toxic culture that seek to resist fundamental change of the status quo.

34 minutes ago, gl83 said:

Like I could understand, if he was like "Sasha is so hot, I wish I could bang her". While crude, it's not something out of the ordinary from a hormonal lustful male.

However, saying that "you want to rape her", that is where you cross the line. That goes beyond fratboy joking around and straight into "WTF were you thinking you dumbass!" territory

Exactly. Like, saying something like that is already disgusting enough as it is, but saying what he said is completely on another level.

Impact has now fired Dave Crist & Joey Ryan, two guys that had a lot of allegations. 

And AEW has announced Sammy will be going to sensitivity training and they'll re-evaluate his standing with the company after that, similar to their statement on Jimmy Havoc. Lame.

His pay going to a women's shelter is good though.

Edited by Ninja Balenciaga
      15 hours ago, Black Canary said:

Wow, so sad that he and many others have gone through things like this. I hope him speaking up about this helps others do the same. A man speaking up about something like this will hopefully help other men who would normally remain ignorant understand the importance of this movement and do better to be an ally to all victims, whether male, female or other. 

• 2 weeks later...