Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Best Music Moment from a Movie or TV Show

So I was thinking about how movie soundtracks have made a huge comeback, and the fact that musical episodes of TV series happens quite often, so I'm wondering what is y'alls favorite music moment from a movie or TV series? It doesn't necessarily have to be from an actual musical, of course. Just a memorable moment where a song came together perfectly with a scene, perfectly encapsulating the emotion and adding to the context to help define it.

Somewhere Over The Rainbow GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

47 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

I'll start with this, which still makes me emotional to this fucking day. If you haven't watched Pose already, please do. And if you know you know.

this whole episode was worthy of pose getting an emmy they better get it

as the resident musical tv show stan, i have a few, including

1. don't stop believing from the glee pilot (a classic)
      2. and i am telling you (mercedes from glee)
      3. the hsmtmts finale number of we're all in this together was such a cute moment to wrap the season
      4. candy's lip sync from pose
      5. rebecca's reprise from crazy ex girlfriend was so cleverly done
      6. also the 'stupid bitch' and 'women gotta stick together' scenes from ceg
      7. when mike chang sung for the first time in glee
      8. jamal singing "this the type of song to make a man love a man" in empire sdfkjslfjsdf

I never watched Glee, but the Gives You Hell video is one I've watched multiple times.

All That Jazz, Cell Block Tango, Can't Do it Alone are my favorites from Chicago

Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge

Riff Off from Pitch Perfect. I like the Convention Performance (the one where they sing Problem) and Back to Basics from PP2.

but perhaps my all time favorite musical bit from a show is this

Let me give some love to the Walking on Sunshine/Halo and It’s my Life/Confessions mash ups from Glee. They were so good! 

4 hours ago, Mariah. said:

I'll start with this, which still makes me emotional to this fucking day. If you haven't watched Pose already, please do. And if you know you know.

I remember watching this for the first time and balling my eyes out! What a performance miss Candy 👏🏽

6 hours ago, Mariah. said:

I have so many movie ones, so I'll break them apart a bit. First teen movies:

*swallows roughly* YES! YES!!!! :shook: this whole soundtrack is immaculate.

Let me give a shout out to Once More, With Feeling from Buffy. That's how you do a tv musical episode. The blueprint.

Honorable mention to Spiceworld: the Movie. Speaks for itself mama

I feel like Zelina for saying this, but I lived for this scene. The way Aaliyah’s movement just flowed so perfectly with the song just made the scene perfection! Bad bitch energy exuded to the fullest

I also loved the concert scene. The movie really put me onto the darker more alternative style of music  

Wait 😭 let me include this scene too. The song made the scene just so much more sensual