Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

candice.png

Injuries have plagued the women of wrestling since the beginning of time and they have derailed the careers and momentum of females who were either at the top of the division or were poised to to become the top diva at a certain point in time.

Candice Michelle and Christy Hemme suffered career ending injuries when both were at their peak in their respective companies. Lita suffered a near career ending injury in 2002 that kept her out of action for over a year and a half and during that time Trish Stratus had taken over the women's division that many thought Lita would be dominating.

Various other girls gave suffered injuries and setbacks that weren't as serious but it still effected there careers, ring ability, pushes/title runs and longevity.

My question to all if you is which injury do you as a fan find the most heartbreaking? Whether it is someone that you Stan for or just a particular situation that hit you right in your emotions.

Discuss :newspaper:

Candice is probably the only option I can think of. I mean obviously all injuries are tragic, but Candice's injury just marked the dramatic downfall of her career. Sure she'd get that Women's Championship spot against Beth, but that was it. She was basically just a shell of her former self once she returned, and she was just used sporadically after that until she got released.

It's even worse when you think about what could've been, considering she was getting more and more popular with the fans, and she was continuing to improve on her wrestling ability. She could've potentially left a huge legacy with the WWE, but we won't ever know the answer now.

The Stan in me wants to say Lita, but she got over that.

I'd say Christy, because with all that passion and willing to success, it all ended before she could reach her goal, before having a run with a title,  yeah she did deliver agaisnt Kong, but she had more promise in her, and she never got there, and that's the saddest to me.

Candice is a similar case, but at least she got the title and a decent run with it, i wish she could've finished her feud with Beth on a proper way, but they gave us something at least.

All of the others got to continue with their careers afterwards, maybe not Jazz, but she is still wrestling today and i'm pretty sure she's happy with what she did in WWE and what she's doing now.

Edited by LeJorgee

tumblr_net07pKDXn1u2fghvo2_250.png

• Torrie Wilson - The Divas Championship was actually created with Torrie in mind and the fact that back in 2007 when Torrie was really beginning to find herself in the ring and show  a drastic improvement, she got that back injury that forced her to never be able to wrestle again 
      • Candice Michelle - I started stanning for Candice hard when she began to take her wrestling career seriously, I always liked her heel character but when she decided to become a serious competitor, she was at the top of the Women's division and that injury absolutely killed her career.. so tragic

Lita is also a runner up for me because I'll never get over the fact that she injured her knee at NYR and that iconic feud with Trish that year didn't culminate to a Wrestlemania match between the two, it still kills me to this day  :worried:

I was very concerned when Layla was injured. She had never dealt with an injury before in her career to that point and she was finally on the precipice of being pushed to the top spot as an individual. Eventually, she did come back and slay us all and cancel careers, but at the time, it was very emotional/heartbreaking. I remember not watching WWE for a while during her injury and then coming back after Extreme Rules and she was Divas Champion. SHOCKING and iconic, I should have had more faith in ha.

hilyJhW.gif

How about the injuries Daffney sustained during TNA that ended her wrestling career? She can't even wrestle anymore :( sure she runs Shine but she was such a good and underrated wrestler

Her matches against Hamada and Tara and Taylor Wilde are all excellent. She was technically sound and had great ring psychology and always had the right facial expressions and I love the cynical grunty sounds she made

Edited by bikini kill

I wouldnt say Candice's injury was career ending.

It killed her career though and she had ongoing problems with it after the second time it broke. It kept her out of action for a year and she her career never recovered. She was always getting injured and she only wrestled September to February after returning before she was injured again and released.

How about the injuries Daffney sustained during TNA that ended her wrestling career? She can't even wrestle anymore :( sure she runs Shine but she was such a good and underrated wrestler

Her matches against Hamada and Tara and Taylor Wilde are all excellent. She was technically sound and had great ring psychology and always had the right facial expressions and I love the cynical grunty sounds she made

What about them? Please read the OP before making a stupid post like that. This wasn't aimed at specific wrestlers it was aimed at any and all divas/knockouts that personally effected you or the one in which you found most heartbreaking. I only mentioned the most notable injuries because i wasn't going to sit here all night writing about every injury in women's wrestling history.

I think the stand out here is Candice. She was my fave at the time and things were never the same when she came back. So her injury was pretty career ending. She came back, got injured again and taken out of WM. Then returned, had a minor feud with Beth and faded away then slayed in the Survivor Series tag match and got injured again, moved to SD and then released before she could even debut on the show. Kind of career ending.

It killed her career though and she had ongoing problems with it after the second time it broke. It kept her out of action for a year and she her career never recovered. She was always getting injured and she only wrestled September to February after returning before

she was injured again and released.

It led to the downfall of her career but its not like she was unable to wrestle anymore.

What about them? Please read the OP before making a stupid post like that. This wasn't aimed at specific wrestlers it was aimed at any and all divas/knockouts that personally effected you or the one in which you found most heartbreaking. I only mentioned the most notable injuries because i wasn't going to sit here all night writing about every injury in women's wrestling history.

I really don't understand why you have to be so rude to me and dismissive of my post calling it stupid.

I did read the OP and you asked members to talk about anyone that they stanned for and which injury touched you as a fan the most.

That injury was really heartbreaking to me. You didn't say it had to specifically say Christy or Canice... You said someone you stanned forz I stan for Daffs

I don't understand the point your trying to make other then how it seems like you're just trying to be rude and belittling. I contributed to your post and answered your question. What is your problem? If you have a specific problem with me PM me about it as the mods encourage.

Otherwise please treat me with respect and you will be treated the same way from me.

Edited by bikini kill

I'm gonna agree with Bikini on this one and say that Daffney's injury is probably the worst for me not just because of the injury itself but everything that followed with TNA not helping her out and fighting her at every turn when them putting her in all those dangerous spots is what got her injured in the first place. Not to mention she never made it anywhere in TNA despite having one of the best characters and being the most over one on the roster without being on TV regularly.

tumblr_net07pKDXn1u2fghvo2_250.png

• Torrie Wilson - The Divas Championship was actually created with Torrie in mind and the fact that back in 2007 when Torrie was really beginning to find herself in the ring and show  a drastic improvement, she got that back injury that forced her to never be able to wrestle again 
      • Candice Michelle - I started stanning for Candice hard when she began to take her wrestling career seriously, I always liked her heel character but when she decided to become a serious competitor, she was at the top of the Women's division and that injury absolutely killed her career.. so tragic

Lita is also a runner up for me because I'll never get over the fact that she injured her knee at NYR and that iconic feud with Trish that year didn't culminate to a Wrestlemania match between the two, it still kills me to this day  :worried:

I thought this rumor had been debunked? Didn't she deny this on Twitter or something?

Sis calm down! He was just discussing his opinion! :rip:

Sis calm down! He was just discussing his opinion! :rip:

The wording of his first sentence of his initial post was what I had a problem with. Why state "What about Daffney and the injuries she sustained in TNA that ended her wrestling career?" When the thread was specifically for everyone's own opinions. Only three divas were mentioned in the OP and they had sustained the most notable injuries in the history of mainstream womens wrestling.

It was outlined for everyone to discuss the injuries that had a major impact on them and I don't see why that post was necessary as it made it seem like I was "snubbing" Daffney and the injuries she sustained when I didn't mention a lot of other women who also sustained serious injuries.

I wasn't going to sit here all night listing every injury in the history of womens wrestling.

The wording of his first sentence of his initial post was what I had a problem with. Why state "What about Daffney and the injuries she sustained in TNA that ended her wrestling career?" When the thread was specifically for everyone's own opinions. Only three divas were mentioned in the OP and they had sustained the most notable injuries in the history of mainstream womens wrestling.

It was outlined for everyone to discuss the injuries that had a major impact on them and I don't see why that post was necessary as it made it seem like I was "snubbing" Daffney and the injuries she sustained when I didn't mention a lot of other women who also sustained serious injuries.

I wasn't going to sit here all night listing every injury in the history of womens wrestling.

I said what about as in oh what about daffney? Not in the context you thought. Why would I expect you to name every woman wrestler that's been injured?

Candice for sure. She was supposed to win her title back that night & poof! Gone & never really got that momentum back.

lita's knee injury crushed me too because she was out of the ring so long & then retired. It was such a shame that feud ended that way.

Trish's back injury because it was 5 months of no Trish.