Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

Many divas have had long, historic careers in WWE, but not every diva got immediate recognition --- a lot having to wait years for their shot. But then there are those select few who were immediately thrust into the spotlight, playing significant roles in major angles and such, and they never looked back.

So which Diva do you feel had the most impressive and memorable rookie year of all time? Was it AJ with her soap opera storylines and main event love triangles? Was it Trish as the devilish valet turned Mr. McMahon's mistress? Was it the extreme Lita as the mega over member of the Hardy Boyz and her memorable feud with the boss' daughter? Was it Mickie with her psycho antics and dark obsession over WWE's premier diva? Or was it an entirely other girl not mentioned; Kharma, Victoria, Sable, Melina etc.?

Sound off and provide reasons for your opinion. Try not to shy away from voicing your opinions and debating with others. Oh and I'm not here for co-signing either lovelies. Begin.

tumblr_m7bskyxiVc1rpg71oo6_250.gif

Interesting :newspaper:

I'll have to go with Mickie's. It was just a great way to debut and the fact that she technically wrote her debut, makes it even better. The storyline was also, imo, the greatest Divas storyline ever. Mickie played her role psycho lesbian role to perfection, Trish played her role to perfection too. Heck, even Ashley. The storyline was just amazing.

Let me not even start with all the great one liners and those flawless segments.

It's really a tough battle between the first four I mentioned, I'd say. I wanna say AJ, but then I don't because it's still fresh and it hasn't been given the opportunity to stand the test of time.

Then there's Trish who was basically just more eye candy initially, but then absolutely blew up into a role with the McMahon family, which not many people male or female get to opportunity to do. I mean, can you even count the amount of people in a storyline with the McMahons on one hand?

Kharma has undoubtedly had the most impact. She appeared like 10 times max and everyone is still praying she returns to WWE. If that isn't impact...

---

I'm gonna just put it out there and go with Mickie James since her first year resulted in the best divas storyline of all time and arguably the best or at least second best feud of all time. I may change my mind though  :laugh2:

Beth Phoenix won the womens title within 4 months of her debut. Can't get better than that xD

Mickie was placed into a storyline on her first night which is also impressive.

Gail won it on her first match just saying. :totally:

Mickie was the best with no doubts, Willy already stated why.

I don't think AJ is even a legit option honestly. Mickie James, Lita, and Trish all did much more than she did in her rookie year.

I'll be going with Mickie. In her rookie year, she began a huge storyline with Trish Stratus, given various segments mic time, played a perfect psycho, defeated a top diva in her Wrestlemania debut, feuded with Lita, wrestled Trish in her last Raw match, and headlined various PPVs.

But to play devil's advocate, how long did Mickie's storyline with Trish last? Did she actually do anything significant afterwards for the rest of her rookie year? Lack of consistency could hurt...

Anything to get the thread going :icant:

But I believe she did get pushed to the back due to Trish's retirement. She did become the main babyface of the division afterwards though :shrug:

But to play devil's advocate, how long did Mickie's storyline with Trish last? Did she actually do anything significant afterwards for the rest of her rookie year? Lack of consistency could hurt...

It lasted about 5 or 6 months; she then went on to feud with Beth/Trish and even go over Trish clean, as well as Jazz. Sure her great moments went down, but she did then embark in a feud with Lita, as well as wrestle Trish on her last Raw match.

I was going to point that out. By the time the Chicago crowd made their way home, she was already becoming stagnant. They tried to drag the feud on even longer but to no avail. She wasn't that good of a normal heel. Her first reign wasn't even that good.

I don't think AJ is even a legit option honestly. Mickie James, Lita, and Trish all did much more than she did in her rookie year.

I disagree. Like I said, that could just be because it's so fresh. I mean, how many other divas can you name who played a significant role in two main event angles, was Raw GM and got to be featured in one PPV main event and guest referee the following, all in about one calendar year if my counting isn't off. Also, if you want impact, if Daniel Bryan becomes a legend in the future, how will people remember it started? Oh yeah, when AJ kissed him at WM and he lost in 18 seconds. That's the makings of a future icon and is at least half of why Trish, Lita, Sherri and Miss Elizabeth are legends; for their influence on the men.

AJ definitely deserves to be named up there, though her having the most successful rookie year is definitely questionable.

:dance2:

I disagree, like I said, that could just be because it's so fresh. I mean, how many other divas can you name who played a significant role in two main event angles, was Raw GM and got to be featured in one PPV main event and guest referee the following, all in about one calendar year if my counting isn't off. Also, if you want impact, if Daniel Bryan becomes a legend in the future, how will people remember it started? Oh yeah, when AJ kissed him at WM and he lost in 18 seconds. That's the makings of a future icon and is at least half of why Trish, Lita, Sherri and Miss Elizabeth are legends; for their influence on the men.

AJ definitely deserves to be named up there, though her having the most successful rookie year is definitely questionable.

:dance2:

Lol whoops I was counting AJ's rookie year from her actual debut on NXT in late 2010. She still doesn't rank up with Lita or Mickie, but she has had one of the best in recent years (aside from Kharma).

Trish Stratus.

She had a tremendously great first year. From the second she walked out on Heat, everybody's eyes were locked on her. Something that would become a trend. She intrigued everyone. She managed T&A which led to the first chapter of her career long feud with Lita. She paid her dues. She was well known even before she became involved with the McMahons, but when she did, oh boy. One of the coolest feuds ever unfolded in the form of the daddy's little billion dollar princess super bitch and one shameless rookie Canadian. This led to a segment that is still talked about today. Trish being ordered to strip and bark like a dog, the ultimate humiliation. Did I mention: She paid her dues. This all culminated at WrestleMania X-Seven where Mr. McMahon got his comeuppance with a slap that helped Trish embark on an illustrious journey.

Lol whoops I was counting AJ's rookie year from her actual debut on NXT in late 2010. She still doesn't rank up with Lita or Mickie, but she has had one of the best in recent years (aside from Kharma).

Yeah, if that was the case, I definitely wouldn't have named her  :smh:. NXT still counts as developmental and isn't the main roster. Her official debut was May 27, 2011.

Trish Stratus.

She had a tremendously great first year. From the second she walked out on Heat, everybody's eyes were locked on her. Something that would become a trend. She intrigued everyone. She managed T&A which led to the first chapter of her career long feud with Lita. She paid her dues. She was well known even before she became involved with the McMahons, but when she did, oh boy. One of the coolest feuds ever unfolded in the form of the daddy's little billion dollar princess super bitch and one shameless rookie Canadian. This led to a segment that is still talked about today. Trish being ordered to strip and bark like a dog, the ultimate humiliation. Did I mention: She paid her dues. This all culminated at WrestleMania X-Seven where Mr. McMahon got his comeuppance with a slap that helped Trish embark on an illustrious journey.

Beautiful write up. I haven't been to bat for Trish a lot recently, but I think you're definitely on to something.

Trish Stratus.

Beautiful !