Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

NXT Era vs Golden Era

NXT Era vs Golden Era  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Better Matches?

• NXT Era
        • Golden Era

• Replies 63
      • Created
      • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wrestling wise NXT on the specials is probably the peak for women in WWE, but I think the GE girls managing to provide just as much (if not more) story, entertainment and quality usually in half the t

Golden era had the original fab four (Trish, Lita, Torrie and Stacy) so it wins.

Oh, I wouldn't either. The weekly show will always have some great stuff like Paige/Emma, Paige/Nattie, some of Summer's early stuff, Sasha coming in to her own post-heel turn, Bayley's always been so

Golden Era ... 

This Era barely started ...  :michael:

The Golden Era had way more memorable matches and moments in those matches.  Then again in such a short time NXT has really made a name for themselves.  :smh:

Wrestling wise NXT on the specials is probably the peak for women in WWE, but I think the GE girls managing to provide just as much (if not more) story, entertainment and quality usually in half the time and with main roster restraints should be noted. They were also a lot more consistent in performance outside of the PPVs that were their equivalent of the specials.

Where is the lie?

n1vI83d.jpg

It's weird because if you think about it, NXT and the GE were really on an even playing field. By the height of the GE most of the girls had no more than 3 or 4 years experience with scattered vets like Ivory and Jackie comparable to Becky and Bayley right now. GE had Finlay, NXT has Sara. They're really more comparable than one would think.

Wrestling wise NXT on the specials is probably the peak for women in WWE, but I think the GE girls managing to provide just as much (if not more) story, entertainment and quality usually in half the time and with main roster restraints should be noted. They were also a lot more consistent in performance outside of the PPVs that were their equivalent of the specials.

Where is the lie?

n1vI83d.jpg

This is where my head is it as well. Golden era had great matches, but the thing that brought them up a level to amazing/classic/iconic are the stories and characters behind it, making it more powerful and meaningful (this is why for example Kaitlyn vs. AJ is held high even though the in ring work wasn't anything other women couldn't do). NXT doesn't have the same level of story-telling which makes me deduct points, but I'd say in terms of match quality, NXT is the best women's wrestling WWE has ever seen, period. Like independent levels. It's tit for tat.

n1vI83d.jpg

Hmmm...

When Sasha and Bayley first debuted their matches were technical and hard hitting, they instantly made an impression. Even Sofia and Paige's short match lefts us all a bit bald. So I wouldn't say only the takeover matches are great...still debating now

eh I feel the golden era has a lot of great characters, moments, storylines, and specialty(hardcore) matches.

the NXT girls have great matches on the specials, probably the peak of women's wrestling in WWE, but i don't think the every day week stuff is amazing. I don't watch NXT enough to say much on the characters and storylines.

specials > nxt/golden era on just straight up wrestling.

Edited by onetooth

Hmmm...

When Sasha and Bayley first debuted their matches were technical and hard hitting, they instantly made an impression. Even Sofia and Paige's short match lefts us all a bit bald. So I wouldn't say only the takeover matches are great...still debating now

Plus when main roster girls like Kaitlyn, AJ, Nattie, Alicia etc. came to play for the weekly shows, they were always better than what we saw on Raw (and in case anyone tries to clock me, I am not talking the soap opera NXT era. I'm talking all Full Sail). In fact, Kaitlyn's match with Nattie on NXT for the title is what first earned her respect from the fans IIRC. NXT is pretty consistent since day one.

Hmmm...

Oh, I wouldn't either. The weekly show will always have some great stuff like Paige/Emma, Paige/Nattie, some of Summer's early stuff, Sasha coming in to her own post-heel turn, Bayley's always been solid, etc. Even in recent months especially we've had Charlotte/Sasha (twice, I believe) and the triple threat contenders match. 

I do still think the GE was more consistent, but that could just go back to the fact that NXT IS still developmental after all and even the more experienced girls are still learning how to come in to their own. It can definitely be considered a toss-up since there's so many factors.