Jump to content

Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

    An Evolution

    What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

      For More Heartbreakers

      Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

      Will this be THE greatest era in Women's Wrestling?  

      26 members have voted

      1. 1. Vote:

        • Yes. NXT! NXT! NXT!
          4
        • No. Golden Era will reign supreme.
          15
        • Fab Four remain unbothered either way (obligatory MMM mention added here).
          7


      Recommended Posts

      http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7685109.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/wrestlemania-32-_0404.jpg

      We're about a month into this "new era" and WWE keeps trying to hammer this point home (you can stop now, JBL) despite not giving us anything, really, to back this claim. But what do you think? Will this era we're witnessing be the greatest in women's wrestling history (surpassing the revered Golden Era) or will WWE's laziness, lack of creativity and institutionalized main roster sexism make it just like the rest, only with potentially better PPV matches?

      Discuss.

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

       

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      • Replies 69
      • Created
      • Last Reply

      Top Posters In This Topic

      Top Posters In This Topic

      Popular Posts

      Not unless these hoes in creative learn how to write a good story.

      I truly believe that people will look back on this era as a great, exciting time for women's wrestling. If you dig up some archives from the golden era days the IWC wasn't even living for the girls li

      And my forum is suffering as a result. The only times us girls seem to gather like roaches is when Sasha or Charlotte do an interview or Nickel gives a neck update to strike fear in the haterzzz. I wa

      2 minutes ago, MichaelPsyches said:

      Not unless these hoes in creative learn how to write a good story.

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

      I'm screaming at the fact that the "storyline" WWE gave us literally going from there being a Divas revolution, to wondering who was responsible for said Divas revolution, to a women's evolution and a new title. That's all they're pushing as the girls' reason for fighting. What the fuck lmao

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Nope. They can have all these 20 minute great matches but if the story isn't there, I could care less.

      The golden era girls only once had a match longer than 10 minutes (women only - Trish vs Lita, Unforgiven), the average Raw/SD match was 3 mins, while PPVs had 6-8. But they all had diverse characters and good storylines which made them stand out.

      Plus, they were even called Divas, but people didn't pay attention because the product was that good. That's what I want.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Honestly, this was a concern of mine since NXT's come up and I voiced it many times. HHH may give the women time and no restrictions, but NXT has shown that he doesn't care to give them a proper storyline beyond "my title, let's fight" until like the week before the live special if we're lucky or the pre-match video package they put together to make it seem like there was a storyline. And that has carried over onto the main roster.

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Only if everyone is treated to some level of relevancy, all options are exhausted and used to perfection.

      Aka girls serving Maryse if they can't all be Charlotte's.

      Timing is an issue as well as fresh match concepts. If Natalya is going to be hitting the same sequences over and over and Ric is going to be Charlotte's fucking backpack (or vice versa) you can cancel the era now.

      Christon

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Only in terms of matches. I dunno what the general consensus is because I don't really pay attention, but this era in women's wrestling (and WWE as a whole) is missing the messy, soap opera-esque storytelling that had me tuning in each week when I was growing up to watch the next chapter each story unfold.  Nowadays it seems like everything is too embedded in reality and self-consciousness, and it's reflected in the way the writers have been doing the bare minimum with storylines.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      1 minute ago, Splish said:

      Only in terms of matches. I dunno what the general consensus is because I don't really pay attention, but this era in women's wrestling (and WWE as a whole) is missing the messy, soap opera-esque storytelling that had me tuning in each week when I was growing up to watch the next chapter each story unfold.  Nowadays it seems like everything is too embedded in reality and self-consciousness, and its reflect in the way the writers have been doing the bare minimum with storylines.

      Secret admirer reveal is so iconic :crying2:

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Tbh I think we are all too jaded and bitter with the product right now to even sit back and attempt to enjoy it. I feel like we could reach golden era standards and we would still be complaining so I vote no until the kids watching in this era grow up to be internet smarks.

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      1 minute ago, SummerTime said:

      Tbh I think we are all too jaded and bitter with the product right now to even sit back and attempt to enjoy it. I feel like we could reach golden era standards and we would still be complaining so I vote no until the kids watching in this era grow up to be internet smarks.

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

      I have to disagree there sister. I think it really comes down to what WWE is serving. Of course some of us are bitter (gaptooth), but a lot of us feed into the hype and shower praise when WWE gives us a reason to (this past WM). If WWE actually took the time to build something good with Charlotte and whoever her challenger is, I think the majority would be into it.

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

       

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Maybe. I'm not seeing it right now because the Trish and Lita era was thoroughly entertaining and they weren't five or even four star wrestlers at times. The majority of the girls can wrestle but this was the case during the Melina/Beth/Michelle/Mickie era also. I'm going to give this new era time, but so far the writing and storylines make it seem like it will be a bore. 

      rEid09z.gif

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      That Mania hype has died, even though it looked so promising, and the WWE Superstars have gotten even worst. I don't know if they're trying too hard or we're just being picky bitches but the product at the moment is the driest it has ever been.

      No. #Fab4Lives 

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      1 minute ago, Sara Dolezal said:

      Maybe. I'm not seeing it right now because the Trish and Lita era was thoroughly entertaining and they weren't five or even four star wrestlers at times. The majority of the girls can wrestle but this was the case during the Melina/Beth/Michelle/Mickie era also. I'm going to give this new era time, but so far the writing and storylines make it seem like it will be a bore. 

      rEid09z.gif

      And my forum is suffering as a result. The only times us girls seem to gather like roaches is when Sasha or Charlotte do an interview or Nickel gives a neck update to strike fear in the haterzzz. I want 2013/2014 back.

      rEid09z.gif

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      2 minutes ago, Mariah. said:

      I have to disagree there sister. I think it really comes down to what WWE is serving. Of course some of us are bitter (gaptooth), but a lot of us feed into the hype and shower praise when WWE gives us a reason to (this past WM). If WWE actually took the time to build something good with Charlotte and whoever her challenger is, I think the majority would be into it.

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

       

      Yeah but a lot of the time even the stuff that is just mediocre is treated as terrible.I agree that people at some points can be totally willing to jump on the hype wagon (even though there is still a lot of resistance to the idea of it) but I feel they are much quicker to drag than they are to be excited (unless it is their fave). I'd like to believe that WWE will eventually pump out a few really good stories in a row but I just can't see it happening any time soon.

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      4 minutes ago, Sara Dolezal said:

      Maybe. I'm not seeing it right now because the Trish and Lita era was thoroughly entertaining and they weren't five or even four star wrestlers at times. The majority of the girls can wrestle but this was the case during the Melina/Beth/Michelle/Mickie era also. I'm going to give this new era time, but so far the writing and storylines make it seem like it will be a bore. 

      rEid09z.gif

      I hope you're right because I can see the division picking back up around Summerslam.

      rEid09z.gif

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      For this to be the greatest Era the crowd has to accept someone other than Sasha. The smarks are crazy disrespectful and the booking only caters to a select few. My fave hasn't been seen since WM. The title only changes hands once a year now. Hard work is no longer rewarded bc of politics. Frankly, this Era has more cons than pros.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      1 minute ago, SummerTime said:

      Yeah but a lot of the time even the stuff that is just mediocre is treated as terrible.I agree that people at some points can be totally willing to jump on the hype wagon (even though there is still a lot of resistance to the idea of it) but I feel they are much quicker to drag than they are to be excited (unless it is their fave). I'd like to believe that WWE will eventually pump out a few really good stories in a row but I just can't see it happening any time soon.

      http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/130_raw_03142016cm_1181-7738ea1ab35a8e4a4a0f8d73af06b2e6-1458047447-800.jpg

      This is pretty true.

      rEid09z.gif

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      2 minutes ago, WWFoverWWE said:

      For this to be the greatest Era the crowd has to accept someone other than Sasha. The smarks are crazy disrespectful and the booking only caters to a select few. My fave hasn't been seen since WM. The title only changes hands once a year now. Hard work is no longer rewarded bc of politics. Frankly, this Era has more cons than pros.

      Naomi was on Raw and Smackdown like a week ago.

      rEid09z.gif

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      1 minute ago, WWFoverWWE said:

      For this to be the greatest Era the crowd has to accept someone other than Sasha. The smarks are crazy disrespectful and the booking only caters to a select few. My fave hasn't been seen since WM. The title only changes hands once a year now. Hard work is no longer rewarded bc of politics. Frankly, this Era has more cons than pros.

      How is this any different than eras past?

      jk jk I love Naysus :dies:

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Join the conversation

      You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

      Guest
      Reply to this topic...

      ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

        Only 75 emoji are allowed.

      ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

      ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

      ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

      • Recently Browsing   0 members

        No registered users viewing this page.

      • Similar Content

        • By CodyRhodesDiva
          As for myself, it because back in 2006 when Kelly Kelly burst onto the scene.
        • By CodyRhodesDiva
          WWE Superstars and WWE Main Event would occasionally feature a women's match on the show but while practically every WWE female Superstars has competed on WWE Superstars and WWE Main Event during the Divas Era, only the likes of Naomi, Lana, Mandy Rose, Nikki Storm and Dana Brooke would have an occasional match on WWE Main Event while the likes of Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Bayley, Sasha Banks and Asuka never compete on WWE Main Event. Thoughts?
        • By CodyRhodesDiva
          Is it because the NXT Women's Division has women of all shapes, sizes and looks who can kick butt and are not catty swimsuit models?

      ×
      ×
      • Create New...