Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

An Evolution

What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

For More Heartbreakers

Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

TNA Reportedly Interested in Signing Paige

While it now appears Paige will return to WWE as an active performer, TNA is interested in signing her should she become a free agent and they are legally able to do so. 

Dave Meltzer reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that she tried to quit WWE two weeks ago, which led to organization officials trying to mend fences with her by talking things over. It appears now that things have been settled between both sides. 

According to Meltzer, Paige is under contract to WWE through April 2019.

http://nodq.com/indy/476745326.shtml

9fWB6aA.jpg

4 minutes ago, RedStormRising said:

I'm sure the thinking is that by getting someone with TV time and an established fan base, it eliminates them having to build someone up.

The problem with that is, if for example she was to go to TNA and say win the Knockouts Championship a few months (or even weeks since we know what TNA's like) after her debut, she's going to start going stale and people would start to find her boring (Sienna & Jade are two examples). It seems like former WWE associates (Gail, Tara, Angelina, Brooke, ODB, Taryn...) are likely to have more success over their homegrown talents if they sign with TNA.

Considering reports are going around that WWE are now legit and serious on purchasing TNA, I wouldn't be too worried or bothered. :newspaper:

40 minutes ago, Vinaro said:

WWE are doing the same tho! :newspaper: 

WWE's a big time wrestling business and they can basically do whatever they want and get away with it, as we see week in and week out with their same shitty ass booking. lol

8 hours ago, Katy said:

Why are they so up WWE's sloppy seconds? How about make your own stars.

8 hours ago, Jeigz said:

Is this even news worthy? They'll hire anyone who has even the slightest WWE affiliation because they think it automatically will get them more viewers and they don't have to invest any time in developing them. 

2gwb41g.jpg

But the WWE has been doing the EXACT same thing? this double standard is fucking disgusting and shows your bias WWE Fan boy card. 

7 hours ago, Katy said:

WWE's a big time wrestling business and they can basically do whatever they want and get away with it, as we see week in and week out with their same shitty ass booking. lol

OK and? TNA is also a big time wrestling company; TNA is serving diversity in it's storyline and matches and the only thing you and other flops cant get pass is the fact that it's TNA. Also because it's cool and popular to shit on it, you cant just read spoilers and pass judgement. 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Day Dreamer said:

But the WWE has been doing the EXACT same thing? this double standard is fucking disgusting and shows your bias WWE Fan boy card. 

OK and? TNA is also a big time wrestling company; TNA is serving diversity in it's storyline and matches and the only thing you and other flops cant get pass is the fact that it's TNA. Also because it's cool and popular to shit on it, you cant just read spoilers and pass judgement. 

giphy.gif

I have watched the last few weeks of TNA when it's been posted and I haven't been impressed. They're trying, but when you half-ass what could be an interesting storyline by dragging it out for months on end and relying on people who are not the best talkers and workers to get the job done your product is going to suffer. Just because they have Maria and Gail Kim and they're trying to have a different and developed storyline doesn't mean it's good or that everyone will appreciate it. 

Also, I don't check for any of the NXT indy-darlings (aside from Athena who's had maybe three matches), but it for sure is lazy of WWE to try to use Indy talent to prevent them having to build up legitimate stars -- no one is questioning that. It is suspect though that Charlotte is the top woman right now without being brought in with automatic wrestling credibility from the indies. Maria's status as a top heel in TNA was undisputed as soon as she debuted because TNA assumed viewers would know her and connect with her because of her past. It's hard to compare the sides when WWE's top women are mostly homegrown or have developed into stars in the company (Nikki, Charlotte) when TNA's only remaining original talents are Gail and Madison Rayne, who's faded way into the background. 

2 hours ago, Day Dreamer said:

giphy.gif

Um TNA is not a big time wrestling company. At one point they were working their way up to that by using their own stars (Styles, Shelley, Sabin, Kong, Joe, Beautiful People, etc) but they've fallen so far down I've seen local Indy shows put on a better quality product. Myself and the "other flops" are allowed to have our own opinions. You can calm your tits and take several seats if they don't agree with your own. I've been to several TNA shows, I follow the product, I'm quite capable of forming my own thoughts without being told by others how to think or feel. 

Oh and WWE may be using former TNA people, but aside from AJ, none of them are debuting on the main roster with instant title shots so....