Jump to content

Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, and more. For easy entry, just sign in with your Twitter account.

Your Arrival

You've safely landed within Heartbreakers Community, home to the future of fandoms. If you're a fan with an open mind and an open heart, then you've reached your perfect destination.

Questions or Concerns

Need a guide through the new Heartbreakers Community? Don't hesitate to contact a member of staff for help. They'll be happy to assist you during your stay.

The Future of Fandoms

If you're an often silenced member of any particular fandom, you can find haven and community here. We welcome everyone. Connect your Twitter account for easy, instant access.

    An Evolution

    What began as a women's wrestling community, has exploded into something bigger. No longer will our voices be silenced in fandoms we love.

      For More Heartbreakers

      Join our Discord to chat with other members of the community, in real time.

      TNA Unable to Fund Sunday's BFG PPV?


      Recommended Posts

       

      Quote

       

      TNA heads to Orlando this Sunday for their Bound for Glory event, however there appears to be a problem. They don’t actually have the funds to put on the show, nor do they have the funds for future tapings. 

      Apparently, WWE is back in the bidding war for the company, which isn’t a good sign and could be an indication that the company is done. While Billy Corgan mentioned to ESPN that he would like to buy the company, a deal like that can’t be put together in time before the Bound for Glory event on Sunday. TNA needs the funds, and they need them before Friday to do the pay-per-view event. 

      PWInsider.com is also reporting that the sale situation is complicated due to production company Aroluxe's involvement. There is still a chance that Billy Corgan will buy the company, but Mike Johnson noted that, “the reality is this: the fuse on the TNA bomb is close to the end.”

        

       

       

       

      http://nodq.com/indy/476990507.shtml

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Sad tbh. TNA was so ahead of it's time, but ever since Spike TV cancelled them, they were never able to bounce back.

      I hope WWE does buy them, they can't go on forever like this. Of course, that would mean no jobs for most of the stars, but with the situation like this, it's not like they will lose much.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      2 minutes ago, Boris. said:

      Sad tbh. TNA was so ahead of it's time, but ever since Spike TV cancelled them, they were never able to bounce back.

      I hope WWE does buy them, they can't go on forever like this. Of course, that would mean no jobs for most of the stars, but with the situation like this, it's not like they will lose much.

      I am not so sure if this would be good for the KOs or not tbh! I can see them fire all of them and maybe keep Gail, Maria and Allie? :cry: 

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      1 minute ago, Vinaro said:

      I am not so sure if this would be good for the KOs or not tbh! I can see them fire all of them and maybe keep Gail, Maria and Allie? :cry: 

      Well I already clocked that tea in the second part of my sentence. They would sign some, while others would lose their jobs, but if they're in a situation like this, it's not like they are losing much. They can always have indies and I could see WWE signing them later when they need more people.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      NXT could benefit by having KO's in the mix. The division is shallow on terms of talent so having a veteran in Gail Kim (It'd be unlikely but I have my hopes) & perhaps Madison help the up n' comers would be great. I'd love to see Allie, Jade & Sienna there and Maria on the MR. It's crazy how time flies, I was watching the 2007 Knockouts Gauntlet at BFG and now they are lacking funds to run the same exact PPV 9 years later...

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Maria's luck is literally the worst! :skull:

      First the power went out during her mania moment, then the same thing happened during her task as a project manager on CA and now TNA are closing doors on her title reign! The real black widow. :skull: 

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      I'm not buying it. TNA has been "bankrupt" and "dying" for the past however many years according to the dirt sheets and they're still going. Reports like this are becoming tired and are just pure speculation like every other year.

      Even if they were to sell out it would be a considerate loss for the wrestling world whether you watch the product or not. Wrestling is already lacking in mainstream variety, so if TNA were to shut down it would be unfortunate. Their numbers have been steadily growing on POP and they've been consistently putting on entertaining shows for the past year (and not many companies could say that for themselves) so it would such inconvenient timing. It doesn't matter how shitty the companies management has been in the past because it doesn't change the fact that people are putting their bodies on the line to entertain us, no matter how big or small the audience is. Anyone who wishes death on any wrestling company shouldn't call themselves a wrestling fan, no matter how what situation they're in.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      I think for an indie wrestling promotion going against WWE they have done an amazing job at keeping so high profile for so long. But in a world where WWE is struggling to pull the best numbers I don't know if there is really a chance for their recovery. It would suck for them to go, but if these reports are any indication on what is really happening business wise it is probably best for all involved to just sell and be done. Which makes me sad for the talent but at least they will probably all get paid their due sums. 

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      5 hours ago, SimplyFoxy said:

      I'm not buying it. TNA has been "bankrupt" and "dying" for the past however many years according to the dirt sheets and they're still going. Reports like this are becoming tired and are just pure speculation like every other year.

      Even if they were to sell out it would be a considerate loss for the wrestling world whether you watch the product or not. Wrestling is already lacking in mainstream variety, so if TNA were to shut down it would be unfortunate. Their numbers have been steadily growing on POP and they've been consistently putting on entertaining shows for the past year (and not many companies could say that for themselves) so it would such inconvenient timing. It doesn't matter how shitty the companies management has been in the past because it doesn't change the fact that people are putting their bodies on the line to entertain us, no matter how big or small the audience is. Anyone who wishes death on any wrestling company shouldn't call themselves a wrestling fan, no matter how what situation they're in.

       

      Yes, this. Plus they just signed Brandi Rhodes, & the 'rumors' that they are interested in Paige. So I don't really believe TNA is unable to fund their PPV tbh.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      8 hours ago, Eva Flair said:

      Yes, this. Plus they just signed Brandi Rhodes, & the 'rumors' that they are interested in Paige. So I don't really believe TNA is unable to fund their PPV tbh.

      To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brandi is signed to a similar deal as Cody which is basically just per appearance. All the reports were that Cody had signed a non-exclusive deal with TNA because he wanted to be able to work ROH TV & PPV as well.

      Link to post
      Share on other sites
      16 hours ago, SimplyFoxy said:

      I'm not buying it. TNA has been "bankrupt" and "dying" for the past however many years according to the dirt sheets and they're still going. Reports like this are becoming tired and are just pure speculation like every other year.

      Even if they were to sell out it would be a considerate loss for the wrestling world whether you watch the product or not. Wrestling is already lacking in mainstream variety, so if TNA were to shut down it would be unfortunate. Their numbers have been steadily growing on POP and they've been consistently putting on entertaining shows for the past year (and not many companies could say that for themselves) so it would such inconvenient timing. It doesn't matter how shitty the companies management has been in the past because it doesn't change the fact that people are putting their bodies on the line to entertain us, no matter how big or small the audience is. Anyone who wishes death on any wrestling company shouldn't call themselves a wrestling fan, no matter how what situation they're in.

      No it seems different this time. It's pretty much the 11th hour for tna now!

      Link to post
      Share on other sites

      Join the conversation

      You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

      Guest
      Reply to this topic...

      ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

        Only 75 emoji are allowed.

      ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

      ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

      ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

      ×
      ×
      • Create New...